mountain mania ride

We are planning a mountain ride and would like your input for where it should be held

• Revy

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Golden

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • McBride

Votes: 22 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
We are planning a snowandmud.com mountain ride and would like your input for where it should be held. We have three options and need to consider the driving distances from Calgary, Red Deer and Edmonton as they are the major centers.

1. Revy
  2. Golden
  3. McBride

Please answer the poll above.

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I Think Kittykatmandoo Was Gonna Check With The Glenoble Lodge To See If We Could Rent The Whole Lodge For The Weekend(i'm Sure We'll Need More Room Too?), That Would Be A Blast..............:d

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as driving distance I think Golden would be the way to go, about the same distance from Edm to Mcbride, as it is Edm to Golden. Those that live furhter south of Edm it would be a longer drive for them to go to Mcbride. Mind you If there is enough people from the Edm. area going there may be enough room on the trailers and the trucks to car pool with those who come up from southern Ab.:twocents:

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Somethin's Wrong With The Poll!!!........ Just Voted Golden And "nothin" Registered On The Poll........guess My Vote Doesn't Count!!! Golden And Revy Are Just About The Same Distances Away From Edmonton(goldens A Little Farther, But Not By Much) To Stay In 1 Hotel, Motel, Lodge Would Make Sense.

GRD

Reaction score
I would say may McBride would handle a lot of riders.... But if revy is included, why not continue to Sicamous....

McBride probably most central, still a ways from Calgary, especially if the Ice Fields highway is closed.

It will be hard to make everyone happy!

Last edited:

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I would say may McBride would handle a lot of riders.... But if revy is included, why not continue to Sicamous....

McBride probably most central, still a ways from Calgary, especially if the Ice Fields highway is closed.

HEY GETR'DONE: HOW LONG A DRIVE FROM CALGARY TO MCBRIDE?? I KNOW GOLDEN IS ONLY 2 1/2 HOURS FROM CALGARY(I THINK), SO JUST CURIOUS HOW LONG FROM CALGARY TO MCBRIDE.......... GOOD TO SEE YOU'D BE WILLING TO MAKE THE BIG DRIVE.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score

GetR'Done, You know all about #93 as of last season's ride to Mcbride.. The big detour. Also my trip to meet you guys @ Fields.... #93 closed south & pushing snow.

• Admin

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I checked and you have a registered vote Ric.
When thinking distance Revy is 1.5 hous more than Golden. If we do Revy we might as well do Sicamous and that another 1 hour.
So using that logic then Calgary and Red Deer can do McBride for a simlar drive.
It will be interesting to see what the poll shows.
Somethin's Wrong With The Poll!!!........ Just Voted Golden And "nothin" Registered On The Poll........guess My Vote Doesn't Count!!! Golden And Revy Are Just About The Same Distances Away From Edmonton(goldens A Little Farther, But Not By Much) To Stay In 1 Hotel, Motel, Lodge Would Make Sense.

• Admin

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Here is what I think the driving times to the three locations are based on reasonable weather conditions and normal highway speeds. Can someone from Red Deer area answer the time for you.
If I'm wrong on the times let me know.

Driving distances from Edmonton:
McBride - 6.0 hours
Golden - 6.0 hours
Revy - 8.0 Hours
Sicamous - 9.0 hours
Driving distances from Calgary:
McBride - 6.0 hours
Golden - 3.0 hours
Revy - 5.0 Hours
Sicamous - 6.0 hours
Driving distances from Red Deer:
McBride - 6.75 hours
Golden - 4.5 hours
Revy - 6.25 Hours
Sicamous - 7.25 hours

Last edited:

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I JUST MAPQUESTED AND MCBRIDE IS 530 KMS FROM EDMONTON(ETA 5 HOURS 56 MINUTES) AND GOLDEN IS 558 KMS FROM EDMONTON(ETA 6 HOURS EVEN). THE TRAVEL TIME IS ABOUT EQUAL TO BOTH, BUT I KNOW WE'VE DONE WELL UNDER BOTH THESE TIMES......... IF REVY, THEN IT IS 703KMS(ETA 7HOURS AND 50 MINUTES)...........:rolleyes:

GRD

Reaction score
When 93 is open is about 6 hours or more to McBride... Depending on roads. If 93 is closed it is about 9 to 10 hours. That said if 93 is closed I going to golden!

Last year got to Sask. X and gate was closed. Went up and around through Hinton. Brutal.... Prior year Big Foot came down to go to Golden road was like a mountain. Pushing snow!

GetR'Done, You know all about #93 as of last season's ride to Mcbride.. The big detour. Also my trip to meet you guys @ Fields.... #93 closed south & pushing snow.

GRD

Reaction score
McBride from calgary on a good day - 6 hours.

Here is what I think the driving times to the three locations are based on reasonable weather conditions and normal highway speeds. Can someone from Red Deer area answer the time for you.
If I'm wrong on the times let me know.

Driving distances from Edmonton:
McBride - 6.0 hours
Golden - 6.0 hours
Revy - 8.0 Hours
Sicamous - 9.0 hours
Driving distances from Calgary:
McBride - 6.0 hours
Golden - 3.0 hours
Revy - 5.0 Hours
Sicamous - 6.0 hours
Driving distances from Red Deer:
McBride - 6.75 hours
Golden - 4.5 hours
Revy - 6.25 Hours
Sicamous - 7.25 hours

Last edited by a moderator:

Doo Virgin

Reaction score
I think the way to go is Golden---Silent Pass would not dissappoint!!!

Travel time on a regular day in Winter

Golden 4hrs

Revy 5.5 to 6hrs

Mcbride 7hrs

Sicimous 6.5 to 7hrs

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We Do Mcbride From Edmonton In About 5 Hrs And Revy In About 7 Hrs. THAT IS PROVIDED THERE IS NO CLOSURS THROUGH THE PASS.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I JUST MAPQUESTED AND MCBRIDE IS 530 KMS FROM EDMONTON(ETA 5 HOURS 56 MINUTES) AND GOLDEN IS 558 KMS FROM EDMONTON(ETA 6 HOURS EVEN). THE TRAVEL TIME IS ABOUT EQUAL TO BOTH, BUT I KNOW WE'VE DONE WELL UNDER BOTH THESE TIMES......... IF REVY, THEN IT IS 703KMS(ETA 7HOURS AND 50 MINUTES)...........:rolleyes:

Mapquest doesn't take into consideration the slower mountain driving, especially kicking horse pass (just before Golden where the new overpass is going).
These have been my travel times.
From Edmonton:
McBride- 6hrs
Golden - 7 hrs
Revy - 8 hrs

I voted McBride cause its closest, but, Revy makes the most sense as it is right in the middle.

GRD

Reaction score
I voted McBride originally, but after thinking about it, would have to say Golden (Silent Pass). It is a huge area with all types of terrain for various rider abilities. Would have to pack gas, long trail in!

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After reading all the post I too would change my choice from McBride to Golden. For me it's already a 2.5-3 hr drive just to get to Edm:eek:

Top Bottom