Mcbride Snow Conditions??

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
For day two Summitric and I decided to head up to Lucille. Just before unloading we noticed that the rails on the 800 RMK had cracked at a bolt hole on both rails so we were now down by two sleds out of 5. We hooked up with Bbtoys and his son at the staging point. Our group had two sleds riding two up, not the best but still better than not riding. Lucille had roughly a foot of new "Untracked" snow for us to play in...and sunny all day long....
We had one incident - Summitric's 15 year old daughter was high marking and rolled. She ended getting hit by the sled and we think she fractured a rib or two. The was in a ton of pain but stuck it out for a couple of hours so that her brohter and my son could bang away a bit longer. Summitric had her at the hospital when we got home last night at about midnight. I'm sure he will update us later. I got iton video and will post that tomorrow as per Summitric's daughters request. Thanks to the other groups of riders who rushed over to help us out as well.
Also wanted to than Bbtoys for the exciting ride back to the trucks...did you know if you follow that little unmarked trail off the main trail it drops into no mans land (lol :) ) and you can't find your vehicles from there...where did that creek come from....it's all good, whe had a blast and I look forward to the next ride with Bbtoys in the futher. Pictures and video will follow later this week.

Cheers

:D :D :D :D

Best Of Luck to a fast recovery to Summitric's daughter. That sounds painful, all in all sounds like a good weekend though. 2 broken sleds and 1 broken human not too bad.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Thanks For Your Concerns

My daughter was so tired when we got home last nite, she just wanted to go to bed....she kept her arm and ribs tensored and she had a good sleep. I tried to take her to the hospital this morning, but she wanted to go to school(huh??). As a matter of fact, she just called, and said her ribs are hurting again, and i guess we'll make a trip to the hospital this afternoon, at least for some pain killers. She broke her ribs last year snowboarding at marmot basin, while doing a 150ft table air jump, and she landed it, but lost an edge and she was "first aided" down to our vehicle and we rushed her to the jasper hospital. We sat there for 6 hours as they took x-rays, and waited and waited and finally the doctor came back(part time doc from hinton) and said there's nothing they can do except tensor hear ribs and arm and take it easy for several weeks(lots of pain killers). This time doesn't seem quite as bad, but its the same ribs she says, so she may have aggravated them again.:(

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Here is the video clip of Courtney's roll in McBride that put her out of commission for the weekend.
........Ouch!!!

Ouch!!!! Hope she's okay, I haven't seen an update around here from Ric yet. Hopefully this little incident won't stop her from getting back on a sled in years to come, we need the young people in the sport, and these kids learning to ride with the SledBunnyracing team who has mountain experience is the best way.

Feel Better Courtney!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I'll leave it to summitric to comment on his daughters health...but I will say that girl has drive. She will go at it again next year for sure. Just wish her dad had her courage (lol).

Ouch!!!! Hope she's okay, I haven't seen an update around here from Ric yet. Hopefully this little incident won't stop her from getting back on a sled in years to come, we need the young people in the sport, and these kids learning to ride with the SledBunnyracing team who has mountain experience is the best way.

Feel Better Courtney!

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
sleddin'

She sounds tough. Hope she is going to be okay. Good video.
Steve

GRD

Reaction score
Ouch... Looked painful... At least she can view it and check out how it happened.

Here is the video clip of Courtney's roll in McBride that put her out of commission for the weekend.
........Ouch!!!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully she takes it easy so all heals well and doesn't bother her later in life. Snow this week and sun on the weekend, four of us going exploring Sat/Sun to two new spots. Young guys are trying for first trip this year without buying parts at RIDENHIDE. Will post anything worthy in the gallery when we get back.

Top Bottom