Mcbride grooming "GREAT JOB HOT ROD"

wangdoo800

Reaction score
I was up at Mcbride on the weekend riding the hills.I stayed at Rods place and was amazed at how much work he does on those hills.
He was grooming constantly, 10 hrs Fri. night,18 hrs on sat. and back at it again on sunday night.
Just to raise the awarness, this is not a quick run up the hill, the renshaw took 10 hrs to groom on Sat. night.

Rod is very dedicated to keeping the trails groomed and works hard.

Hats off to Hot Rod
Keep up the good work.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was up at Mcbride on the weekend riding the hills.I stayed at Rods place and was amazed at how much work he does on those hills.
He was grooming constantly, 10 hrs Fri. night,18 hrs on sat. and back at it again on sunday night.
Just to raise the awarness, this is not a quick run up the hill, the renshaw took 10 hrs to groom on Sat. night.

Rod is very dedicated to keeping the trails groomed and works hard.

Hats off to Hot Rod
Keep up the good work.
That`s why I plan on riding McBride the most this year. After staying at Barry`s B&B and talking with him, The boys there are more dedicated to the sleds now and to show them that I/we appreciate what they are doing, most of my business is going to the area.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good on ya Hot ROD.Your hard work is appreciated!
See ya in a couple weeks!
catmando!

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good job hot rod. your work is appreciated. it was to bad that on saturday night you did not start sooner on renshaw. i hope after dragging a sled for 4 hours to get it out, that i would of meet the groomer on the trial instead of 2 1/2' of moguls

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What 2 1/2 foot moguls were you riding on? Trail was in as good of shape as you could have with over 350 sledders riding it everyday. Rod hats off to you for working on the trail as much as you did. Was there since the 23 and the trails were great. You need more snow down low and that is totally out of your control. Now that Renshaw is all fluffed up it will have a chance to build up and get hard again to handle the next busy weekend. Rod you work with what you have and you are doing a good job just keep it up and all you riders pray for more snow down low.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree Glen. For 350 plus sledders it breaks down real fast. But another big thing for Rod and why the grooming is done later in the night is traffic on the trail and traffic on the road. The truck, trailer and groomer take up just about the whole road and if you've got 20 or 30 trucks still to come out that means he has to stop all the time or the possibility of tearing an enclosed trailer open if it comes in contact with the tracks. Keith.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had no complaints at this time about grooming. This past week was great, thanks to all that came and to Rod for the long hours put in to do all 3 hills in one day.

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i didn't say the grooming was bad, i was saying that i would of liked to see the groomer on my trip back down at around 9 pm. there was spots that the moguls were 2.5' deep, while maybe felt like it, and most were only around 1 foot deep.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reason he was late that nite was because he had the other 2 hills to groom first as they didn't have as many riders on them. Hope you had fun.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Thanks For The Grooming....... Sunday, Was Like A Superhiway Both Up And Down The Renshaw Trail. Mind You The Upper Parking Lot Was Only About 1/3 Full..... I Think Most Riders Went Home Saturday Or Sunday. Saturday, Had The Most Trucks/trailers Etc That I Have Ever Seen At Renshaw..... About 1 Mile Before The Upper Parking Lot On Both Sides Of The Road, And The Upper Parking Lot Full, And About A Mile Past The Upper Parking Lot Turn, And Quite A Few Rigs In The Lower Parking Lot/lumber Area(thats Where We Parked), But It Had Tons Of Room......... Again, Thanks For The Great Job Grooming That Long Trail!!!!!

Top Bottom