MBRP Or Jaws

1000cc

Reaction score
Ive decided to put a can on my arctic cat M1000 and have narrowed it down to either an MBRP or Jaws. I drive out in the country away from town and really want my sled to bark. I want it to perform as well. Ive heard MBRPs in person and like the way they sound except ive heard that you might lose horse power with them. Ive never heard a Jaws in person but have heard them on the internet and they seem pretty loud. Can you guys help me out with which one is louder and is going to perform better. Thanks

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive decided to put a can on my arctic cat M1000 and have narrowed it down to either an MBRP or Jaws. I drive out in the country away from town and really want my sled to bark. I want it to perform as well. Ive heard MBRPs in person and like the way they sound except ive heard that you might lose horse power with them. Ive never heard a Jaws in person but have heard them on the internet and they seem pretty loud. Can you guys help me out with which one is louder and is going to perform better. Thanks

go with the MBRP. nice fit and not obnoxiously loud. you don't want to piss of the neighbors

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind the new MBRP cans are stainless steel. Much better made than the old black/chrome looking ones. They have a nice bark. Jaws are usually louder. HP loss/gain is arguable although cans never really gain HP. The gain felt is the weight loss.

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my brother had a mbrp on his 09 m1000 sounded great but the spring ears came off on a trip and the dealer replaced it and no troubles after.

1000cc

Reaction score
My buddys have MBRPs on their sleds and i do like the way theirs sound. Ive jus heard that MBRP is one of the worst cans as far as losing horse power. i dont know if thats true or not. It would be nice to have something different like a jaws. but i also dont feel like spending $320. The jaws that i have heard on the internet do impress me tho

xcrider

Reaction score
I've been having a few issues with my 09 m1000.At new had the mbrp put on.....sounds awesome but have a bog.Put the stocker back on and it pulls harder with the stocker .........no question,
my buddies spring loops on his mbrp(2 rides old) pulled apart on him this weekend.Had to ride with haywire holding it together for 2 days.
IMO, don't put just a can on. Either leave er stock or go with a complete exhaust system.

sledneckx69

Reaction score
I can not stress this enough..... JAWS ALL THE WAY!!!! They say proof is in the pudding, well heres a little story for you. Met a guy on the hill one fine day. Both stock 09 M1 except for the cans, mine MBRP, his jaws. He was out climbing me like crazy. First thought was "maybe its the rider?", so he let me do a pull with his, trusting guys considering I just met him. I out hight marked his last pull with his own sled. So he tried a pull with mine and only went as high as i did with it. So next thing was to swap cans. When we put the jaws can on my sled, I took it up and out high marked everything. These are all clean pulls on fresh lines and on the same face. Not to mention my MBRP pipe broke off at the can and melted the the plastic panel on me.

a126

Reaction score
I have a JAWS on mine and that thing barks!!!!But I like it that way. I have never had it bog yet and I have rode 6-9k and 0-3k. I haven't had an MBRP on but I was told by a cat tech to stay away from them on Arctic Cat's.

I am thinking of putting a SLP Y-pipe and pipe on. Does anyone know if my JAWS can will fit the pipe setup?

Thanks

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a JAWS on mine and that thing barks!!!!But I like it that way. I have never had it bog yet and I have rode 6-9k and 0-3k. I haven't had an MBRP on but I was told by a cat tech to stay away from them on Arctic Cat's.

I am thinking of putting a SLP Y-pipe and pipe on. Does anyone know if my JAWS can will fit the pipe setup?

Thanks

should

GPsnownut

Reaction score

Go with the Jaws, I have one on my 08, she's loud, but that's the way I like it. Another rider I usually go with in mountains had a MBRP on his 08 and didn't like the way his sled ran, he took off the MBRP and put on a Jaws, made a world of difference. I think a lot of guys don't want to spend the extra money for the jaws, but IMO it makes a difference on the performance.

cobbycat

Reaction score
I have had the mbrp on my sled for 3 seasons and it works well, isn't crazy loud and mounts my "hot pot" very well.:d

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a mbrp on my 1000 and the spring loops broke off dealer told me to bring it back and got a new one and trouble free now with about 800 miles.

m8magic

Reaction score
just for the heck of it today i swapped out my jaws can for a speedwerx to try...the speedwerx loaded up on the bottom..i could get it crisp with the controller..but i went back to the jaws cause im certain that speedwerx robbed a fair bit of power..

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have mbrp on 2 of our summits and I find that they work great and sound great but I don't have any experience with Jaws so I couldn't really say which i think is better

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have a mbrp on my 09 m8 never ran it stock so dont know if it made a difference but i can out pull my buddies m 1000 mine is loud all the way through his is loud when you pin it, he has the jaws

m8magic

Reaction score
jaws jaws jaws..they are the premium pipe /silencer for cat..im gonna get there twins

Top Bottom