Loonie for shopping cart

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I stopped in at Walmart to grab some cases of water today and only had my debit card, as of two weeks ago they went the way of the loonie for the cart then to return at the end once you return your cart. Surprising is that Superstore just went the other direction and reversed this. I actually would of purchased a lot more things but my debit card didn’t fit into the cart and I don’t really carry much change. Think this is bad move on Walmart as you lost my larger grocery purchase today and I’m sure I’m not the only person with this thought. I was glad to see that superstore stopped this as not many people carry loonies in there pockets these days. And I heard somewhere that carts are getting bigger so that people think there not buying as much, in fact there buying more.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you 110%....who the **** carries coins anymore??? What a dumbass ****ing stupid move!!!
Who the **** at Walmart thought this would be a good idea???....****ing idiots!!!

I went on a rant about this at walmart a few months ago.....my wife now carries loonies with her to keep my blood pressure in tact....

I hate shopping there anyways......

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I would of had a cart full of items but I left with a 12 pack of water and a replacement coffee machine. I think that giving you an easy to access cart would a been a good move as now if I go there I grab a basket and grab a few small items, or go to superstore when I need more. They also added more self service tills. You know the ones that say please put the item in the bag when you did already.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I need to pay for a cart I go else where, if I have to self serve my own stuff I go else where. That’s 2 jobs gone. Right or wrong that’s my take on it.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife works at shoppers and people are assholes and leave carts all over and smack her suv up with them, im cool with the loonie makes sure the carts go where they are suspose to go

Or they leave them sitting on the side of road or the middle of the sidewalk!!
My wife has one of those chips that you buy for a dollar. It fits on her key ring so she always has it, no cash required.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you a millenial, cause you sound very entitled lol to each there own i have no prob pumping my own fuel and what not

If I need to pay for a cart I go else where, if I have to self serve my own stuff I go else where. That’s 2 jobs gone. Right or wrong that’s my take on it.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you a millenial, cause you sound very entitled lol to each there own i have no prob pumping my own fuel and what not

Think you missed my point, far far from a millennial, don’t vote for the NDP or Liberals, when I go to the store, bank someone better be there to serve me not because I can’t more because you should. I do draw the line at gas, I pump my own because l want it done right. Don’t know what I fall into more of an old and miserable era

Last edited:

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just buggin ya and get what u mean 100 percent banks being one of my biggest piss offs aswell

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I stopped in at Walmart to grab some cases of water today and only had my debit card, as of two weeks ago they went the way of the loonie for the cart then to return at the end once you return your cart. Surprising is that Superstore just went the other direction and reversed this. I actually would of purchased a lot more things but my debit card didn’t fit into the cart and I don’t really carry much change. Think this is bad move on Walmart as you lost my larger grocery purchase today and I’m sure I’m not the only person with this thought. I was glad to see that superstore stopped this as not many people carry loonies in there pockets these days. And I heard somewhere that carts are getting bigger so that people think there not buying as much, in fact there buying more.
Walmart on 184 has been this way for a couple years already. Sad to see it in the Grove....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah and plus crack heads steal the carts.

I have personally never bought a cart load of anything from Walmart in my entire life though lol

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have the reusable cart token so we don't actually pay for the cart. I use to receive regular door dings it seemed from other people who don't give a chit where they'd leave their cart. I've also witnessed carts rolling across parking lots before right into parked unattended vehicles due to wind or frost heaved sections that are far from any kind of level. Vehicles these days are overpriced and built with the lightest gauge body panels I've ever seen, 1 dollar is far less of a price to pay vs some poor bastard making and insurance claim because of a runaway cart. Funny how effective it is seeing how many cars get returned do to the fact people want their loonie back eh!

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep a loonie in the vehicle just for that purpose now that Sobeys started doing the same Here in Bonnyville. I actually like the Idea. The coin op gives me something to hang my reusable grocery bags from while shopping.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife has one of those chips that you buy for a dollar. It fits on her key ring so she always has it, no cash required.

Well I was unaware she put her tab from the key chain in and I forgot it in the cart, now im in the dog house...

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Walmart in Cranbrook is going with self serve tellers this year too and will only have a couple of full service ones. the older teller was saying they are worried about their jobs. I asked if the prices will go down a bit with the saving from axing most of tellers and she laughed. I have never gone to a self serve teller and hope I never do. I think it totally bull****.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i got a hand full at the bank, since then, i haven't seen any freakin coin op carts!!! what is going on.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any place i see coin op carts i also see that the parking lot is not full of carts every ware due to people being to lazy to put them back. As well they are not usually sprinkled all over town. I think its a good move.. Carts are not cheep when they walk off the store property or get run over in the parking lot.. Our carts could not leave the store as we were replacing about 10-20 carts per month or more

Top Bottom