Just Bought An M8 2010

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for info on problems, moods and anything else that could be of help or interest of this sled, I have already put a can on it. Thus far I have rode it in Mcbride and am very impressed with how well it works. Any info would be great thanks in advance.:d

Attachments

• DSCF0206.jpg
    DSCF0206.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 69

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only trouble i have heard of was quite a few primary springs are breaking. i replaced mine with a orange d@d right off the bat.

wombat440

Reaction score
I just joined the 2010 M8 Snow Pro (162) club today! Haven't taken it out for a ride yet though! Tomorrow for sure! Put on a pipe as well, not even too sure what kind. Just got the dealer to pick one. Any suggestions on breaking it in or anything to do now to avoid any issues down the road would be welcomed and appreciated.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throw some vents on.. Get a fuel rack cause these sleds are pretty thirsty.. The goggle holder cat makes is awesome. Other than that you can pretty much leave it stock. These sleds rock! Personally contemplating intake mods... Neddacsac, what are you running for the intake horn? How noticable was the difference?

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These are some great ideas, I think when I get home I will be looking into the primary clutch spring, vent kit, and Air intake. What do you guys think of the ski's on these sleds after my first ride with it I wasn't impressed by them...so maybe a set of skis will be needed as well.:d

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throw some vents on.. Get a fuel rack cause these sleds are pretty thirsty.. The goggle holder cat makes is awesome. Other than that you can pretty much leave it stock. These sleds rock! Personally contemplating intake mods... Neddacsac, what are you running for the intake horn? How noticable was the difference?
ya i grabbed the gas rack as well:d put some vents on and have an intake horn about twice the size of stock but dont really know what kinda difference it made on stock cause i put it on right away, but ur right these sleds r purty good stock...just gonna throw a can and my reeds in then ill be done till warranties over

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine is an 09 m8 but when we up the mountains last weekend i thought it was very tough to turn.Fossy is thinking about buying a 1000 so i let him take my m8 and he cameback and said "man is that thing is hard to turn"..
Glad it wasn't just me,thinking about putting ski's on but will look at the limiter strap and ski pressure first.

cat pride 2009

Reaction score
Hey bud I ride an 09 M1000 this season i put a set of powder hound sly dog skies check them out there pretty sick i have a pic on my profle. I havent ridden them yet but have heard good thing sabout them.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine is an 09 m8 but when we up the mountains last weekend i thought it was very tough to turn.Fossy is thinking about buying a 1000 so i let him take my m8 and he cameback and said "man is that thing is hard to turn"..
Glad it wasn't just me,thinking about putting ski's on but will look at the limiter strap and ski pressure first.

I'm not sure if you mean it physically takes a lot of strength to turn the bars, or if you don't have much ski pressure and the sled wants to go straight while the skis are turned. I noticed mine doesn't turn very well so I taught myself how to ride by tipping the sled over. I also have no mountain bar and that really improved my riding. Just my opinion :)

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
turnin with the skis only matters on the trail,and well who rides trails? :) jj. in the pow who cares, just sayin

GPsnownut

Reaction score

My 1000 did that once on one of my first rides last year as well, turned out it was my spindles were froze up from going through some water. Got machine into garage, let them dry out good and gave them a good grease and no problems after.

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 M8 and all i suggest is that you put side vents and a can on it then fill with fuel, oil, pull rope, ride, ride, ride and then repeat the next day:):):)

Top Bottom