Jasper is on fire!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
IMG_6444.png

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That Greek restaurant next to the gas station. Friends of ours. A Greek family in jasper. They were amazing. They never closed during retard Covid. Never masked. never Vax passed anyone. and now they burned down.

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fawk

Attachments

• IMG_6445.png
    IMG_6445.png
    586.1 KB · Views: 177

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it’s time for these mountain or forested cities and towns to have a no vegetation buffer around their city boundaries. At least then it gives firefighters a chance to make a difference. It may not be long and insurance companies start rethinking insurance for people that live in hazardous terrain. We saw it after the floods as people that lived on flood plains lost everything

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trouble is in parks the government says they are natural.... what happens happens. Meadow lake park after tornado hit all they were allowed to do was clean up some dead fall. I was told they couldn't even plant new trees

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Jasper Park Lodge has now confirmed the fire has reached their grounds. They say part of the lodge remains untouched but do not know extent of damages.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jasper will be all but a memory in the morning unfortunately. Good thanks to forest mismanagement. every tree for a 50km radius is fawking dead for 10 years and they ( Parks Canada) did NOTHING about it.

what's really pathetic is the left just absolutely assaulting smith right now as if she lit the match and had the authority to do anything in a national park.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Traveled the park and the ice field a few times in the last couple years and this is no surprise, the forest there is dying, thousands on thousands of standing firewood. The same thing happened a just east of jasper 10 years ago? That hillside was dead and got hit by lightning, just like Banff around the same time. The pine pass is showing the exact same conditions so I can only assume if it doesn't happen this year it will be in the next couple before there are big fires there. These forests are all reaching the end of the life cycle. I get it's nice to see pristine natural parks but without proper management mother nature will run her course and she don't care about tourist attractions, golf courses or swimming pools.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jasper will be all but a memory in the morning unfortunately. Good thanks to forest mismanagement. every tree for a 50km radius is fawking dead for 10 years and they ( Parks Canada) did NOTHING about it.

what's really pathetic is the left just absolutely assaulting smith right now as if she lit the match and had the authority to do anything in a national park.
Sheer gov incompetence, Or did they plan these things?
Gotta burn it down first to "build back better".
Emergencies give them the power to take more control.
Builder berg/wef meetings have been going on for more then 50 years. I honestly bet the neglect of fire management tactics was part of the plan.

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sheer gov incompetence, Or did they plan these things?
Gotta burn it down first to "build back better".
Emergencies give them the power to take more control.
Builder berg/wef meetings have been going on for more then 50 years. I honestly bet the neglect of fire management tactics was part of the plan.
I don't think they are smart enough to conjure up a 50 year plan to set trees on fire

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does everything have to come back to the vax? You’re going to kill another great and informative thread.
The vax significantly proved it’s us against them. At least for most of us.

Sad day. I used to do all the painting for Decore hotels. Maligne Lodge, Tonquin and Château Jasper. For a year or two In my 30s I pretty much lived in that town painting hotels. Sad.

Last edited:

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pine pass probably will do this in the future. Something that seems to be happening in the Fort Nelson region is the swamps are drying out. Mostly black swamp spruce that has no value,and the muskeg country has to be harvested on frost . Warm winters,no snow ,no value . Millions of acres of dry fuel.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least some of the buildings at the Jasper Park Lodge have been destroyed by fire.

Did hear updates that the Sawridge was actually on fire, not sure on the damage yet.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
not enough controlled burning or fire management at all in the parks. every hillside is covered in dead timber just waiting to burn. tragic loss for sure but man I hope as some point the narrative can get away from climate change and get back to proper management of our forests and parks......

Top Bottom