i dont know what to think.......

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well a friend of mine i built a custom sled for last season sent me a photo today of his summer modifications.

i want to laugh...but moreso i want to cry.

he took this 174 880 xp and spray painted the tunnel black.

i get a good feeling watching sleds i worked on bomb up the hills. but now i dont really want to be seen with this? its kind of like taking your lambo to the MACCO AUTOBODY.

maybe im overreacting but ive seen some redneck chit on this website but NEVER have i seen anyone do this.

discuss...looks ok now but wait till the first ride!

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gotta agree. It may not look all that bad right now but after a couple rides and little boot rubbin..... it's gonna look like crap. Maybe something you'd try on a 1985 440 TNT but not on this ride.(IMO) Did he flip over the air cleaner lid too?:)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gotta agree. It may not look all that bad right now but after a couple rides and little boot rubbin..... it's gonna look like crap. Maybe something you'd try on a 1985 440 TNT but not on this ride.(IMO) Did he flip over the air cleaner lid too?:)

LOL. ..ya exactly. you may see someone try that on a 1996 wedge 1160 or something. his sled hes free to do what he wants to it. but i just kind of went....REALLY....... a 15000$ sled and you tremcladed it.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It looks good for now, ya, it probably won't last. Oh well. Understanding your passion for the sport and pouring your guts into something that your proud of, the fact remains that it is his machine to do with what he likes. Maybe not the best decision but what the hell. He could have upset you worse and painted RMK on it! LOL!

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe he was going to the Knight Rider look :) Hope he doesn't have the flashing red lights on the grill going back and forth!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

not to pick on ya, but they never made a TnT in 1985.......maybe your thinking a safari or the SS25 lol opps me bad........in 1985, I think ALL the tunnels were black in Ski-Doo.......He can carry a can of black with him for touch-ups on the trail! lol

Last edited:

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow and to think we spent all that time tearing down JC's sled to powder coat it.
We could have just rattle can'd it. :rolleyes:
I would bet it looks as good as my bro in-law's roller paint S10:beer:

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
should sent him a roll of silver duct tape to. nothing adds more class to a sled like indian chrome. hahahahhaa

Max

Reaction score
hum, looks like my sled in front, I thought it was still in Valemount. hopefully no overspray. Tell T to behave or we will post his Mgina pic.

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
max im with u on this my buddy not in my shop, told me that he is also painting or rock guard his tunnel,he says his buddy does it in tumbler,???? im like dude u cant, to make things worse he is stretching to a 174 and has van amburgs cooler, bumper with extension being built that hes gonna polish, (perfect) i try telling him polish the tunnel and powder coat the new stuff or polish it all,im gonna get him to read this thread, i know to each his own but u gotta steer a brother in the right direction when hes about to head over the cliff. in my opinion. im a strong believer in to each his own. lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Why should you?

im not either,got bigger things to worry about. but you didnt spend countless days building it only to have it ruined in 2 seconds. if he would have said once your done building it im going to spray paint the chit out of it i wouldnt have done it in the first place.

like i said. not my sled. i dont really care. just discusted more than anything. not to mention he was trying to sell it. good fawkin luck now.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree not the way to do it but maybe he prepped the aluminum and used self etching primer and lots of light coats and if he lets it cure properly it will hold up "ok". Lot's of speculation in that sentence though...

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're right Overkill...my bad. I had a 1976 TNT 440 but I've gotten so old the years all just sorta run together.:eek:

Top Bottom