I’ve been saying this for years

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
since you mentioned dirtbikes..........did you know the PRO RMK is the only motorized recreational vehicle on the face of the earth with a flat steering setup?? Seadoos, snowmobiles, dirtbikes, quads all have the same steering. Polaris chooses to keep the flat steering because Burandt says its the best and they would have to engineer a new chassis to fit a proper steering post LOL. No wonder most RMK riders look like a newborn giraffe testing out its new legs
My jet boat has a wheel ...not sure if it qualifies as flat.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^ That’s right, no one cares what you think, this post is about Polaris vertical steering posts being junk haha

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No need to put it down, maybe he is on to something, remember when doo came out with the 36" front end, so many cat and poo guys laughed and slammed the gimmick as not needed and a bandaid, only to have their sleds come with 36' now. Even the t-motion was a gimmick and tilted way way to much. Now cat has the Alpha which tips even more, so kinda funny.

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like it might be good for shorter riders but it will be interesting to see what people 6' or taller think... god knows I don't care for the way my G4 steering is supposed to ridden, with that riser in line with the steering post is great while sitting on the long trais in or out but sucks ballz when trying to ride so i move it up close to vertical so my arms arent down at my thighs while riding hard... again all preference i guess.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He’s got almost no riser on there. Could put whatever you want I suppose

Ran into him today and checked it out. He actually said he wants a shorter riser.

The post mod pushes the post almost 6” forward. You get quite a bit more over the sled and it’s a different feeling for sure but I liked how my arms and wrists were positioned. The bend of the bar felt more natural.

He had his reasons for doing it. I am not sure it’s for every guy as I adapted very well to the Polaris steering and when I jump on a Doo it feels as though I would have a longer curve to adapt back.

But look at it this way Maxwell, since it’s one of the things you have always hated now there is one less reason for you to ride a Doo. Should we get the “Maxwell Loves Poo” in order?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran into him today and checked it out. He actually said he wants a shorter riser.

The post mod pushes the post almost 6” forward. You get quite a bit more over the sled and it’s a different feeling for sure but I liked how my arms and wrists were positioned. The bend of the bar felt more natural.

He had his reasons for doing it. I am not sure it’s for every guy as I adapted very well to the Polaris steering and when I jump on a Doo it feels as though I would have a longer curve to adapt back.

But look at it this way Maxwell, since it’s one of the things you have always hated now there is one less reason for you to ride a Doo. Should we get the “Maxwell Loves Poo” in order?

your right they are one step closer to me buying one. Just need to get a 16" wide mountain track, Better fit and finish, and a new direct injection engine and im all over it LOL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris has aftermarket twin pipe support, aftermarket has come around to address Polaris steering issues. It’s a good time to
be a Polaris guy maxwell!
I’m pretty excited to hear the ringing of twin pipes in the backcountry. Those were good times, wish I had a set.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t forget to throw in a wobble clutch and 100 million bailout bucks to seal the deal!

nah I want this clutch.

2019-11-29 08.08.29.png

Top Bottom