Help the Sparwood Family's

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Done...I dont have a sled, I do ride my friends sled when he is feeling generous to take me out. But at this point in my life I cant afford that iron; but in a situation like this I could always find a way to help.
Thanks Ron for making it easy to help

well if I could get both sleds running good that would make it easier to ride...

my MC card did not work so i brought my back up VISA and she worked great,

all the best to thoose involved, I wish I could do more.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ron, TTT, just donated myself, not sure how you sign your name to the donation but the email linked to mine is bob1334@hotmail.com. Sad thing that could happen to any one of us, just helping where I can...

People, donate now. Ron could be setting up a donation for your family after your next sled trip, you just never know. I'm sure your family would appreciate a donation from S&M just as much as these families that are in need now.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Avalanche survivor speaks about his 8 buddies

Very sad, would not want to be in this situation and having to make the choice to leave your buddies behind... Here is the video with his first hand experience of the avalanche. Time for me to invest in an ABS pack and a couple courses for sure. this video really wakes you up.

http://www.theprovince.com/story.html?id=1130923

Im still in Grand Forks BC, and were stuck here today due to an Avalanche closing the Bluberry Paulson pass last night and today. It's warming to +4 here today and already the snow is packing. Watch the slopes, and even the treelines are not safe right now. Maybe we will see a nice base form this week/end...

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Avalanche survivor speaks about his 8 buddies

Very sad, would not want to be in this situation and having to make the choice to leave your buddies behind... Here is the video with his first hand experience of the avalanche. Time for me to invest in an ABS pack and a couple courses for sure. this video really wakes you up.

http://www.theprovince.com/story.html?id=1130923

Im still in Grand Forks BC, and were stuck here today due to an Avalanche closing the Bluberry Paulson pass last night and today. It's warming to +4 here today and already the snow is packing. Watch the slopes, and even the treelines are not safe right now. Maybe we will see a nice base form this week/end...

I looked at the video and it nothing about this Avalanche, perhaps they put another video is in it's place.???

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
donating was easy ,its very good that this site has reached out to try supply some support in a time like this,hats off to an exellent job to all s&m members and moderators for throwing this all together :d

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TTT, if ya haven't donated already it doesn't even take 5 minutes of your time.

Remember, this could be your family mourning YOUR loss, you just never know.

We spend how much money in aftermarket parts, clothing, going on trips, etc.

We can all afford at LEAST $20 to this.

Great idea Ron, glad I could help!!

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We donated a few days ago. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of the victims friends and families!

Thanks for coordinating this guys!

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We donated a few days ago. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of the victims friends and families!

Thanks for coordinating this guys!

Hi Amy,could you say something on your poll thread about some support here.It is going well there,I only wish that it would go as well here.
Thanks and congratulations on your # 1 status on the poll...Cheers!!!

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$6782 was raised to help the McBride horses - let's try and blow that number out of the water guys!

Does anyone else find this troubling that this has not been blown out of the water- c'mon guys please donate. These aren't two $500 pack horses - these are eight families that need support.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
There is a Donate tab on the Left side of the side of the main menu, Please donate to help all the family's involved with this terrible tragidy.
In one week we will compile all the donatations and get them to the families involved. This will be a donation from all the members of Snowandmud.com. Ive kick started this allready with a donation, I will update the donation amounts every morning.

Thanks,

Ron

:) Thank you Ron for the set up to allow us to donate toward the Sparwood Famlies . Donation send on behave of the BIGFOOT family.:( This Terrible Tragedy has touched Us ALL ! :(

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ron,could we keep this open for the rest of the weekend.Im sure we might get a few more by Sunday night...thanks

rothelb

Reaction score
hello guys this is so wonderfull thank you all very much i am the brother of one of the guys killed in the accident he was warren rothel and one of the survivors was my brothernlaw james myself and my family thank you from the bottom of our hearts...

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hello guys this is so wonderfull thank you all very much i am the brother of one of the guys killed in the accident he was warren rothel and one of the survivors was my brothernlaw james myself and my family thank you from the bottom of our hearts...

all the best to you and all the families involved, and if there is anything else we can do please just ask and I am sure we can do our best and help.
take care and all the best. our thoughts are with you guys.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
all the best to you and all the families involved, and if there is anything else we can do please just ask and I am sure we can do our best and help.
take care and all the best. our thoughts are with you guys.

Well done Johni....coulda have said it any better

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey rknight111...curious of the closing date on the donation tab? Having issues with paypal acct, hopefully resolved tomorrow! Thanks !!! Please keep open for rest of week buddy!....:d...or longer!!!

CHEERS!!!!
:cool::beer::beer::cool:

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thank you for posting. We are all so sorry for your losses and hope we can help in any way possible. I was lucky enough to meet Warren and ride with him a few times (through Darryl). Warren was a fantastic man, he and the other victims will sure be missed.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Done. I've been thinking about those men and their families every day.

Top Bottom