Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I DO NOT OWN OR USE A BEACON

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excellent Thread "Mr" Summitric: :perfect10:

I always wear my beacon when in the mountains... regardless of the terrain and or area....

I also have a spare.

I many other sledders on how have posted... I will not longer ride with people who neither respect themself or me by not wearing one....

Do you all use avalance beacons when sledding in the mountains and do you wear it all the time??:confused: we have a friend(s) that don't own one, but still get up there with us, in the "steep & deep" ................. Just curious

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always go to the mountains with all the gear, beacon, probe and shovel and a assortment of other items ie; first aid kit , tow rope, etc. The beacon I always rent or borrow from friends, this coming fall I want to buy one as I frequent the mountians more, what type does everyone recommend?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
digital beacons are the best, they are a few dollars more but easier to use and better quality than the analogue S.O.S. beacons that are popular. I have heard a few stories about signal issues with analogue beacons, spend a few extra bucks for the peace of mind. BCA (back country access), Pieps, Ortovox, all are good brands with digital units.

carguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a beacon at the sled show this past fall. Prior to that always rented from the U of C Outdoor Program Centre...cheap rental rates on Ortovox.

....and have always worn when sledding in the hills west of Cowtown.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I bought a beacon at the sled show this past fall. Prior to that always rented from the U of C Outdoor Program Centre...cheap rental rates on Ortovox.

....and have always worn when sledding in the hills west of Cowtown.

JUST CURIOUS CARGUY.... WHAT KIND OF BEACON DID YOU END UP BUYING.... ORTOVOX????

Top Bottom