Do any of you own a Cat dealership

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I go to Kamloops relatively frequently, but when I went in there, well they were not helpful at all. I didn't go into Shuswap Xtreme, but left a message asking them to call me back, haven't heard a peep from them. I will try them again, thanks everyone for the tips.
It's a mom and pop shop, so if it's busy it might take them a bit

Give them a call again, I'm a doo guy and next new sled will probably be a kitty from shuswap extreme, just cause of service

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I go to Kamloops relatively frequently, but when I went in there, well they were not helpful at all. I didn't go into Shuswap Xtreme, but left a message asking them to call me back, haven't heard a peep from them. I will try them again, thanks everyone for the tips.
I wouldn't expect too much from Kamloops Cat. They kind of stumbled into the brand when the previous dealer failed, it's not their focus bikes are.

Shuswap is a small busy shop and as such sometimes it's better just to drop in if you can rather than call and leave a message.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh, why's that?

well, a couple friends and family members have expressed disappointment over the years with getting some service work done there.....won't go into details because it was not my own experience....not going to bash a dealer over 3rd person stories, but of course its in your mind when you walk into that location......

My latest personal experience was about year ago when I needed some parts for my son's sled. He was wanting to go sledding and was having a hard time finding anyone with stock. After calling many dealers and being told "sorry, no stock", I called Jeff and gave him the part number ....THE EXACT PART NUMBER.....he didn't even have to check....he stated the he had lots of them.

You sure?
Yah, I always keep those in stock.
OK, i am on my way. I need at least four.

So I drove over two hours to get to his store, he took my part number and walked 20 feet into his parts area and said "oh, I don't have those. He came back and checked the part number cause he thought I gave him the wrong number...nope...my numbers were correct. He just shrugged his shoulders and ' well. I didn't realize Cat changed those up. I can sell you some of the older style ones" I declined his kind offer telling him that I had the old style ones at home....my son wants the new ones that are reflective to whats on his sled"
"Can't help you" he said.....no **** sherlock!!!

So, when I do the work for you and give you the exact part number and you are too f'n lazy to walk 20' to confirm if you have stock....I will call elsewhere and drive past your dealership next time ...unless I'm desperate. Seems minor, but his lazy ass attitude took 4 hours out of my day.

That's all, rant over....lol

Last edited:

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The owners at Northside in Edson are great guys, known them for 20 yrs
Their parts department is less than stellar.

Used service once, was awesome.

Can't say for sales, have to many toys that aren't wore out yet

Top Bottom