Christmas Blues

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems to me that alot of people remembered X-mas as all fun and family time, and now see it as a time to spend too much $$ because you're the ones payin for it all. Me, I love christmas.Gettin together with family, and going sleddin with all of the cousins and siblings and such.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to drive around the area on my sled when I was 16 wearing a santa suit, on chrismas eve. thinking Im going to do it again this winter if there is snow on the roads! back in the old days the cops never wrote santa a ticket for driving on the roads.......this years see if they can catch santa lol

thinking getting a group together and doing a night trip to one of the cabins (hunters, or owlhead) right from my back yard!

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate the way Christmas has become so commercialized. I hate the way some people think we need to pussy foot around the holidays, it's Merry Christmas not Happy Holidays if your Christian and if you're not Christian it's whatever you want to call it. Other than that I enjoy Christmas and since we have a 17 month old I think it'll just get funner and funner.

i agree merry christmas , happy holidays is just gay

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems to me that alot of people remembered X-mas as all fun and family time, and now see it as a time to spend too much $$ because you're the ones payin for it all. Me, I love christmas.Gettin together with family, and going sleddin with all of the cousins and siblings and such.

i miss those days! sledding with your entire family!! extended included , nothing beats that

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When your younger Christmas is the chit, you get a bunch of presents, play all day/night and don't have much to worry about. Now that I'm a "grown up", it's quite stressful. I know my parents are always looking for that shock value from when we were kids, now all 4 of us are 17+, that's very hard to achieve.

What I love about Christmas: Days off, Snow and a card game making eachother laugh with family after everybodies stuffed there face.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Christmas is a good time, food, friends, family, snow, booze, parties, time off work...

This is the first year in 4 years I won't be working the week between christmas and new years, I intend to make the most of it, haha. :d

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate how commercialized Christmas has become. Christmas decorations on Costco in OCTOBER:mad: I also really hate how the entire meaning of the season has been lost. Sorry people but even reading the previous posts there's not much mention of why we celebrate Christmas....I agree it's fun to get together with family and friends and exchange gifts and go sledding etc. etc. but do our kids know the true meaning of Christmas? I know I'm as guilty of this as everyone else it appears. My two teenage boys know it's cash and food time. SAD! But what frosts my A$$ more than anything is those Idiots who can't or refuse to refer to CHRISTmas as CHRISTmas. Stores are forced to advertise Xmas so they don't offend anyone.... total BS!!! They feel the Nativity scene is an infringement of their rights because they don't believe in Christ. :rant: I'm not a religious nut but I grew up in a religious family, my Dad was a pastor, and we were taught the true meaning of Christmas. I suggest we don't forget that pretty important part of this holiday.
EARLY MERRY "CHRIST"MAS EVERYONE! NOW BRING ON THE SNOW!!! :beer:

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many people have told him that Jesus doesn't exist???? he still belives

everyone knows that Jesus rode a Yamaha....

Jesus is the only one that can enjoy riding a Yamaha cause we he gets stuck he can use the hand of god to lift the heavy pig out of the trench.:d

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many people have told him that Jesus doesn't exist???? he still belives

Angie won't be able to sway him on the Sanata front... actually if I remember correctly joey views santa as sacreligous and an insult to the birth of christ... bet he'd change his tune pretty quick if Santa left a T-apex under the tree....

everyone knows that Jesus rode a Yamaha....

santa does'nt exsist , bunch of crap , if i have kids one day , i'm telling them strait up , kids are gonna tell about a fat bearded guy in a red suit gives you presents at christmas , dont believe it , jesus was born on december 25 and we have christmas to celebrate , santa does not exsist.

thats my beliefs if you dont like it dont bash them and just walk away because a friend who judges you for something stupid like that is'nt a friend at all.

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
santa does'nt exsist , bunch of crap , if i have kids one day , i'm telling them strait up , kids are gonna tell about a fat bearded guy in a red suit gives you presents at christmas , dont believe it , jesus was born on december 25 and we have christmas to celebrate , santa does not exsist.

thats my beliefs if you dont like it dont bash them and just walk away because a friend who judges you for something stupid like that is'nt a friend at all.

you will be the parent that the other parents hate..... "dad, Noah Hodgeman says there is no such thing as santa"....

My reply..."well son if you don't belive in him he won't come"

Kids deserve to believe in santa (blind faith) until they are 12-ish, Christmas is a religous holiday and I've even done christmas eve mass, but it also about family, make believe and magic....

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you will be the parent that the other parents hate..... "dad, Noah Hodgeman says there is no such thing as santa"....

My reply..."well son if you don't belive in him he won't come"

Kids deserve to believe in santa (blind faith) until they are 12-ish, Christmas is a religous holiday and I've even done christmas eve mass, but it also about family, make believe and magic....

i dont care if they hate me! i would raise children the way i want , not the way people tell me to. i just dont believe its right to believe in santa , anything good comes from God and people should know that! good things dont come from a big fat guy who slides down chimneys and pulls gifts out of his azz!

just my opinion.

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont care if they hate me! i would raise children the way i want , not the way people tell me to. i just dont believe its right to believe in santa , anything good comes from God and people should know that! good things dont come from a big fat guy who slides down chimneys and pulls gifts out of his azz!

just my opinion.

good things do come from him.....and it is magic and innocence....when you see your little ones faces in the morning with amazement.....that is what Santa brings...:d:d

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good things do come from him.....and it is magic and innocence....when you see your little ones faces in the morning with amazement.....that is what Santa brings...:d:d

everyone has their opinion , but if i have kids i will raise them the way i want , not the way people tell me to , i'm my own person and dont live my life for other people , i'll tell them that God gives them the gifts and they will still have the maget and excitement.

Doo800ho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year my wife,my 2 daughters and i spent it sledding around sylvan lake all day and we had fun.....It was the best christmas ever. this year we are going to her parents out at the farm.i hope we have snow:rolleyes::d

Top Bottom