Best powder??

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering where would be the best place to go around Golden to find the most powder?

sledded in Quartz lots last year but there is a lot of traffic up there and seems more difficult to find good powder.

Just dreamin and lookin to plan some trips for this coming season.:d:d

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering where would be the best place to go around Golden to find the most powder?

sledded in Quartz lots last year but there is a lot of traffic up there and seems more difficult to find good powder.

Just dreamin and lookin to plan some trips for this coming season.:d:d

Well if we told ya where the POW was there would not be any left for us....
just play n around
Sumx54 hit a good spot called silent pass, need fuel about 35km on trail to the goods, usualy groomed thurdays last year.
Silver mines is also around there but avi s are high, Gorman lake staging is right near the ski hill, very easy to get to with lots of climbs and terrrain but is more popular on weekends but bigger than Quartz.
best bet weekends is silent.
check the goldensnowmobile site for maps and details etc
happy sled n we are itching as well
want some pix?
p.s. last year we did the mania ride in golden you should join the group of us in the new year, good times and lots of good riding spots

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try slient pass next season. Long trek in but worth it. Its a large area with lots of good area.

That area didn't like 800 RMK's. We lost 2 engines in there on the Mania ride.:d:d Too bad it was so socked in when we were in there; looked to be a great area.:beer::beer:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not lost, just misplaced my one piston on my 800 RMK...but after the rebuild it was all good buddy.

Yours shat the bed in Gorman not Silent ya senile ole bugger.:eek::d:d We lost one 5kms or so in to Silent; then Jim's started going t!ts north when Gordie had the frozen finger on the trail. He drove it out; but ended up renting an XP for the rest of the trip. Is it all starting to come back to ya now. :Ponder::didimiss::beerchug:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
It's all Golden to me...Ole Bugger you say....WELL I'm offended...oops, gotta go change my diapher, get back to you soon...yuk.

Yours shat the bed in Gorman not Silent ya senile ole bugger.:eek::d:d We lost one 5kms or so in to Silent; then Jim's started going t!ts north when Gordie had the frozen finger on the trail. He drove it out; but ended up renting an XP for the rest of the trip. Is it all starting to come back to ya now. :Ponder::didimiss::beerchug:

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if we told ya where the POW was there would not be any left for us....
just play n around
Sumx54 hit a good spot called silent pass, need fuel about 35km on trail to the goods, usualy groomed thurdays last year.
Silver mines is also around there but avi s are high, Gorman lake staging is right near the ski hill, very easy to get to with lots of climbs and terrrain but is more popular on weekends but bigger than Quartz.
best bet weekends is silent.
check the goldensnowmobile site for maps and details etc
happy sled n we are itching as well
want some pix?
p.s. last year we did the mania ride in golden you should join the group of us in the new year, good times and lots of good riding spots

I was there for moutain mania last year, definately plan on goin again this year!!

Plan on gettin out 1 or 2 times prior to that this year, sounds like Silent Pass will be the place to try,

The reason I stuck to Golden is the close distance to Calgary, we did a few day trips last year, and probably again this year, early mornings but worth it!!

Now all I gotta do is save the $$ for a bigger sled!!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Jay, who were you riding with at Mtn Mania?

I was there for moutain mania last year, definately plan on goin again this year!!

Plan on gettin out 1 or 2 times prior to that this year, sounds like Silent Pass will be the place to try,

The reason I stuck to Golden is the close distance to Calgary, we did a few day trips last year, and probably again this year, early mornings but worth it!!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Remember you said that when all the others are sledding and you don't get to cause he's dragging his larda$$.
OK - I appreciate the beer thinkg though...after the ride.

I'm riding with you guys this year....Ric's always the last one out of bed in the morning; and the first one with a beer in his hand at the end of the day. I'm down with his jive!!!!:d:d:cool:

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jay, who were you riding with at Mtn Mania?

Not sure whwho all I was riding with, but I was on a blue 97 summit 670, I was with 3 buddies one on a 97 formula 583, one on an old XC 600, and one on a 01? polaris 800, one thing I remember is that when some people dropped into area51, i was with the group that rode around into it.

Stayed at the Glenogle, even lost some money playin poker!

oh.....and I was the guy that had his manifold come loose on the hill and had to get some helpful S&M members lend me tools to get it tightened back on.

Hopefully that reminds you of who I am.

Just trying to remember.....sledbunny, do you ride the RMK with the aftermarket hood (red)? I beleive I rode with you around to area 51. With having to change some polaris spark plugs on the way, not yours but I think bigdogg.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Bulldog or Pitbull or something like that was riding the 800 RMK...Right???

Not sure whwho all I was riding with, but I was on a blue 97 summit 670, I was with 3 buddies one on a 97 formula 583, one on an old XC 600, and one on a 01? polaris 800, one thing I remember is that when some people dropped into area51, i was with the group that rode around into it.

oh.....and I was the guy that had his manifold come loose on the hill and had to get some helpful S&M members lend me tools to get it tightened back on.

Hopefully that reminds you of who I am.

Just trying to remember.....sledbunny, do you ride the RMK with the aftermarket hood (red)? I beleive I rode with you around to area 51. With having to change some polaris spark plugs on the way, not yours but I think bigdogg.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I donated at the table too. But my "sleddin' dad" paid my buy in; then won it back for himself.:d Not profitable for him, but it gave me something to do while I waged war on a bottle of CM spiced rum. mmmmmmmmm.....:rolleyes:think I just got an idea.:d:d:d

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Yepper, I remember loosing the final rounds to some old coot who just woudn't quite...poker is a great game until you loose your money.
Shredder....you happen to know who that guy was???

I donated at the table too. But my "sleddin' dad" paid my buy in; then won it back for himself.:d Not profitable for him, but it gave me something to do while I waged war on a bottle of CM spiced rum. mmmmmmmmm.....:rolleyes:think I just got an idea.:d:d:d

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We also do day trips out that way, Sunday s are my days usually, we should go out before the mania ride for sure.
I was riding the silver summit X last mania ride, I rode silent on friday with the group and saturday silent and Gorman with the group on sunday. the rest is fuzzy for me too SBR.
fernie has some good chit as well and a tonne of snow, different weather patterns so sometimes fernie will get a dump when Golden does not and vice versa, same distance to drive but not so intense for the most part.
Shawn

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Ok Jay, I remember you guys...lol... I was there when you buddy dropped his sled in the creek hole, my son helped you guys pull it out (he rides a 700 RMK modded) and I was running the same sled as Rory but Modded up. Sat with you guys at supper as well for a bit.
Glad to see your still hanging out here.
It was bigdogg (Rory - real name) his avatar shows the 800 RMK and the
600 xc that luvdiggin was ridin.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How long a trek is it into Gorman??

from town the drive is only 5 minutes to stagging area and I think the groomed trail is 15kms maybe 25kms at max, to the lake then you can ride in a few directions once in their, you can actualy get over into quartz if ya know where to go. very big area with a lot of steep avi areas. lots of drifts and fun climbs and some nice bowls, not so fun in their with flat light kinda hard to find your way around.

Top Bottom