belts

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just blew a belt......it was from the last owner and I put 600 miles on it so dont really know how much life is on it....what is best belt to buy......stock yami Apex belt or go with an aftermarket belt? think a stock one is 100 bucks which is cheaper than the polaris belts I was used to buying.....this is for a 310 MCX 06 Apex.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just blew a belt......it was from the last owner and I put 600 miles on it so dont really know how much life is on it....what is best belt to buy......stock yami Apex belt or go with an aftermarket belt? think a stock one is 100 bucks which is cheaper than the polaris belts I was used to buying.....this is for a 310 MCX 06 Apex.

I have been on boosted yami for 3 yrs Tried other belts and no good. The yami belt seems to be the best IMO only $80 in Alberta The only times I blow belts premature is if snow gets it wet. Nitro vents aren't the best and the tie rod boots can come off and let snow in

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride an 07 Apex with the MCX 310 kit. I have run the Yamaha belts and never had a problem. (the sled has 4500km) The only time I had a belt problem is when I climbed a hill with the park brake on by accident. The belt actually cut through the secondary clutch. :eek: They are tough belts. I still have the original belt as a spare.

The only time I heard of guys blowing belts is when they run the belt that had sat on the sled all summer.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been on boosted yami for 3 yrs Tried other belts and no good. The yami belt seems to be the best IMO only $80 in Alberta The only times I blow belts premature is if snow gets it wet. Nitro vents aren't the best and the tie rod boots can come off and let snow in

how many miles are you getting on a belt? aprox

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems like a few peeps on the site would hold the previous owner responsible for any belt failures for at least 2 years, just my observations lately. :d:beer:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems like a few peeps on the site would hold the previous owner responsible for any belt failures for at least 2 years, just my observations lately. :d:beer:

lol not! I kept saying from when I bought it, that I should change it lol! it came with two used spares lol......

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Yami 8DN is the only way to go. Should get 1000k boosted no problem, as long as it's clutched right and you don't abuse it towing, stucks etc. Change it out at the first sign of a pulled cord, they are a tough belt and can do some damage if they break (so can other belts) After that use it as a spare but I wouldn't put it back in permanent service.

speedx

Reaction score
I drive apex -07 mcx 310hk and have stock yamaha belt with zero problem. I have clutched my sled so have 10500rpm in deep snow and on trail very,very close to rev limiter, but do not sound pang,pang:) But if colder outside -20 degree i get some extra hose power and can get in rev limiter on trail, but perfect in those degree i like to drive. I think this makes the belt last. I have never brake a belt. You can change to carlisle XS805 belt if you feel stock belt is to hard and like more traction in belt. But that belt is much more expensive and yamaha belt workes to good for me to change.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Yami 8DN is the only way to go. Should get 1000k boosted no problem, as long as it's clutched right and you don't abuse it towing, stucks etc. Change it out at the first sign of a pulled cord, they are a tough belt and can do some damage if they break (so can other belts) After that use it as a spare but I wouldn't put it back in permanent service.

is this 8DN a stock apex belt? I asked for a price from dealer for a stock 06 Apex belt! $103 to $109.....so close but it depends where you buy lol.......I hope there is one at the auction tomorrow night!

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say nothing but stock apex belts! i just changed mine finally. probably should have sooner but it just kept working for me... i had over 1500kms on it. there alot cheaper in alberta!!! i think i pay about 80 bucks.

twincam88

Reaction score
remember when you put a new belt on to break it in properly!! drive easy for 50-60 miles with a few SHORT blips of the throttle. no W.O.T runs. i know its hard with a 310 apex but you do this properly and you should get at least 2000miles out of a belt easy! and if you think 110 bucks for a belt is expensive go and buy a belt for an xp 800!!!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
remember when you put a new belt on to break it in properly!! drive easy for 50-60 miles with a few SHORT blips of the throttle. no W.O.T runs. i know its hard with a 310 apex but you do this properly and you should get at least 2000miles out of a belt easy! and if you think 110 bucks for a belt is expensive go and buy a belt for an xp 800!!!

I usually put a new belt on at the end of the day and break it in coming down the hill.....$100 is cheap for a belt compared to my polaris.......whats a XP belt worth?

twincam88

Reaction score
up here they are around 180 i heard. i get belts for 80 bucks from my dealer. btw i ride a 10 nytro mtx

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my belts from Ulmer in the US at $54.00 each.I am needing some more of his oilite bushings soon and will order a few more belts at that time.

Top Bottom