Belt drive on 2015 163 T3

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bad. I found the thread I was referring to. Didn't realize it was a Polaris pro thread.lol. The tki for the pro is heavier than the pro quick drive.

Yes it is slightly heavier because you get a tensioner. This tensioner allows the use of a longer Gates PolyChain belt that wraps the top pulley and contacts over 3/4 of its cogs. This and the ability to gear down adds huge benefits. The clutch belts last all season and you wont strip teeth off the Gates belt. Runs smoother too. When you see me on the hill, take my sled for a spin and you will be shocked compared to a stock sled. It just has 2.42 gearing, clutching and can.

I will add that the Gates belt is about 1/2 the price of the Quickdrive belt, that and the fact that you wont be buying clutch belts pays for itself. If you ride a stocker and get more than 300-400 kms out of a belt without pulling a string, you don't ride so hard. Probably in the low snow conditions this season there are lots that fall in this group.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I have been looking at TKI but maybe C3 is a better way to go? :beer:

I have a tki and my brother has a C3 after working on his sled I'm not impressed with the C3 design. Tki uses the stock tensioner system while the c3 has the tensioner on the actual cover, plus the top gear is a pain in the butt to change over the tki. There was some concern about the tki aluminum splines stripping out on the top sprocket cause that's what happened to the c3 splines. Like I mentioned the splines on mine after 1000 miles were like brand new and more aggressive riders than me have logged more miles without a failure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a full Slp exhaust system instead. Actual weight loss and a noticeable power increase

I was stoked after you told me about the slp kit for the etec, but I'd keep that pipe that's on that sled cause it still sounds like the slp kit is a hit and miss. I read on another forum that the ole rpm fade at altitude with the slp kit is still a issue even with the etec, the fellow ended up taking the pipe off his etec.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That rpm fade was likely on a sled use at low elevations not at elevation.

I have ran the SLP on my '12 since new. It pulls quite a bit harder through the mid range. I have also seen it on '15 at much higher elevation 8000+ and it works awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a tki and my brother has a C3 after working on his sled I'm not impressed with the C3 design. Tki uses the stock tensioner system while the c3 has the tensioner on the actual cover, plus the top gear is a pain in the butt to change over the tki. There was some concern about the tki aluminum splines stripping out on the top sprocket cause that's what happened to the c3 splines. Like I mentioned the splines on mine after 1000 miles were like brand new and more aggressive riders than me have logged more miles without a failure.

The C3 top gears were stripped out when they used just an aluminium gear. For the last few years they have been putting in a steel insert into there top gears to solve the problem

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That rpm fade was likely on a sled use at low elevations not at elevation.

I have ran the SLP on my '12 since new. It pulls quite a bit harder through the mid range. I have also seen it on '15 at much higher elevation 8000+ and it works awesome.

Not sure if the rpm drop was low altitude or high, would make sence if the rpm drop was at high altitude. The poster mentioned it would not hold rpm in the deep and he pulled the pipe off and went back to stock and his sled worked fine. He also said he was running the recommended clutching.

My slp pipe rpm drop was at high altitude, would rip around home but add 3000 ft and it was done. Ran the recommended setup as well as other setups trying to get it to work.
I'm puzzled as to why the max rpm for the etec pipe is the same as the ptek. Sounds like slp just welded in bungs to the ptek pipe.
I'm looking for a quiet exhaust and was hoping this was what I was looking for.

Top Bottom