Arctic cat 09 m8 loudest aftermarket can and questions.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This would be going on a completly stock engine. What is the loudest can. Oppinions on mbrp and sno stuff rumble pack, Quality. Also has anybody have or heard these cans causing engine damage. Thanks.

sledshedrevy

Reaction score
loud may not have the pressure retention , someting to watch .you need a certian amount of back pressure to make the pipe work correctly which in hand has a great deal of effect on the intake draw.to loose a can can cause you issues as to tight can also .

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
D&d. Big dog barker is retarded loud. Dons speed parts sell loud and quiet versions of the d&d

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
barker is the loudest I've heard by far, my friends and I all run jaws, they're loud but tolerable, mbrp are rumored to cause hp loss, my jaws dropped 14.5 lbs over stock

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Niels performance pipes makes an absolute ear bleeder can but Im gonna say this cuz everyone is thinkin it. Get over it! Buy a can that has a nice crisp sound but not somethin you can hear in the next county. We got enough problems with emission and noise laws as is:rant: A spooling turbo sounds way better than a loud can;)

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just mod the pipe and have a stack coming out the hood with a flapper on it. Don't forget your white oakleys and Ed Hardy clothes to go with it.

Seriously, loud is gay. Do the rest of the sledding community a favour and buy a can for weight loss and tone, not decibel level.

wow what colour is your purse :crap:

E to the v

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should probably drill some holes in whatever you already have. Maybe skip the can and bend a pipe through the hood, point it at your face

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gotta ask too...why the hell do you want the "loudest" can? :confused:

Why do some people straight pipe their hot rods, and choppers? Or put loud exaust on their truck? It's all personal preference. I personally love anything and everything loud. As stated above by AL...Proper back pressure in the pipe is critical here when building and selecting a can for your machine. Yes a loud turbo spooling sounds wicked as well and will always turn my ear. To answer his question...The loudest I have been around are NPP, Jaws, and The Thing. I would personally stay away from mbrp and sno stuff but that is just me as I prefer others. Every can has their own sound and without buying every can on the market and testing it yourself how do you know what sound you like the best? Their are alot of options out their now a days and everybody is always going to say the can they run is the best. This guy obviously wants his sled to be loud. I bet he has straight pipes on his truck :) Is their such thing as too loud? Yes, but I havn't heard it yet. Then again I have two 12" comp subs in my truck and dual flowmaster exaust with a hose running from the left side into the cab for the full effect :) I have ran "the thing" for many ears or I mean years on numerous sleds. I vote for "The Thing" if you want something that works and has a nice crisp clean sound call Al at the sled shed in Revy and he will explain to you how his cans work compaired to others.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do some people straight pipe their hot rods, and choppers? Or put loud exaust on their truck? It's all personal preference. I personally love anything and everything loud. As stated above by AL...Proper back pressure in the pipe is critical here when building and selecting a can for your machine. Yes a loud turbo spooling sounds wicked as well and will always turn my ear. To answer his question...The loudest I have been around are NPP, Jaws, and The Thing. I would personally stay away from mbrp and sno stuff but that is just me as I prefer others. Every can has their own sound and without buying every can on the market and testing it yourself how do you know what sound you like the best? Their are alot of options out their now a days and everybody is always going to say the can they run is the best. This guy obviously wants his sled to be loud. I bet he has straight pipes on his truck :) Is their such thing as too loud? Yes, but I havn't heard it yet. Then again I have two 12" comp subs in my truck and dual flowmaster exaust with a hose running from the left side into the cab for the full effect :) I have ran "the thing" for many ears or I mean years on numerous sleds. I vote for "The Thing" if you want something that works and has a nice crisp clean sound call Al at the sled shed in Revy and he will explain to you how his cans work compaired to others.

Anyone seen the South Park 'Loud Bikers' episode? It's hilarious. It is called "The F Word" (Season 13, Episode 12)

Season 13 Episode 12 The F Word

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love loud too but I like riden more and would like to continue to do so!! Plus if you have too loud of a can you wont be able to hear your banjo..... HILLBILLY

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a d&d barker for sale it is retarded loud, its like someone yelling at you all day

Top Bottom