Amazing!!!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it just me.......or are extreme sports athletes starting to take themselves and what they do too seriously? Im really tired of the slow-mo commentary on all of these videos with these guys giving their philisophical views on life and how some extreme sport is almost bigger than life itself, or at the very least some giant part of it. It seems like alot of sledding films are the same. Just watched the teaser for the new Slednecks film. The clips were awesome, but the commentary just made me roll my eyes. The stuff they are doing is amazing, but at the end of the day its just a recreational activity.

Just my opinion though I guess.:)

well its called sales,, so they put some flame on their stories,,, most these guys are as kool as they come just chilled out sick azz riders in search of the best terrain on earth......

and ya they are a big deal how many peeps do what they do at that level?

it takes years of experiance and injurys and many dollars to have those skills to ride what they ride and now that people want to watch it the business side kicks in so they butter up the story line.....
I have a few buds who ski at this level and its only a handful that get paid the others are just hardcore riders
the trailer looks unreal, camera angles and the HD is sick, and some of those lines most people couldnt even picture it.

I could only dream to be in the mountains doing that for 6 months of the year,,,,,,, so yes I am jealous is that what ya ment to say Deaner? lol

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, thanks for your input, of course it was just my opinion that it was just you. lets let others chime in on that.

and yeah if peeps would pay for that vid, i'll get production set up and start filming, i dont act cool, i am cool, and im not lurking...

way to wreck trax 2 treadz thread...

Im in for 3 pre orders

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty much sums it up right there.....theres that one guy, jeremy jones??? lol, does a movie called DEEPER....heres the trailer, gives you an indication of how serious these guys are......
[YT]watch?v=Cu5jGnXOFgc[/YT]

I normally am not into too much commentary, deeper was the exception. Fantastic flick, and they ride some of the gnarliest stuff. Never mind getting snowed in an running low on food. They had to dig their tents out daily, and had no idea when the plane would return with supplies.

Heavy stuff.

jkrabben

Reaction score
Is it just me.......or are extreme sports athletes starting to take themselves and what they do too seriously? Im really tired of the slow-mo commentary on all of these videos with these guys giving their philisophical views on life and how some extreme sport is almost bigger than life itself, or at the very least some giant part of it. It seems like alot of sledding films are the same. Just watched the teaser for the new Slednecks film. The clips were awesome, but the commentary just made me roll my eyes. The stuff they are doing is amazing, but at the end of the day its just a recreational activity.

The only movie series that i agree with you is the mountain mod mania series, i stopped buying the movies cause i was sick of watching his kid and his "ultimate" projects. I like listening to the people in the other movies talk about their way of life, it makes me jealous and respect that they are working hard and doing this as their career to entertain me. I can see where you're coming from though

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any word on the release of this video yet Jan? Will forsure be a good one for the collection

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe we should invite RedBull Up for Yamafest or one of the other events held by sledders and see if they would sponsor some sledders and make a movie.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Yeah wouldn't that be cool!!! I think Randy said that the budget for their last movie "That's It That's All" was around $2 million!

Jan

Dylan.B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I kind of like the commentary, and listening to them talk about their lifes in the sport. To me it shows that these guys are serious about what they do and are willing to take the ultimate risks.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not discounting what these guys are doing one bit. It is absolutely amazing. But I guess the point of my rant was..........at the end of the day it is still just a recreational activity. These guys arent curing cancer, they're driving snowmobiles off of cliffs. Impressive??........heck yes. Important, noble, making a difference in the world??.........nope. :beer:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Im not discounting what these guys are doing one bit. It is absolutely amazing. But I guess the point of my rant was..........at the end of the day it is still just a recreational activity. These guys arent curing cancer, they're driving snowmobiles off of cliffs. Impressive??........heck yes. Important, noble, making a difference in the world??.........nope. :beer:

Actually Deaner I really disagree with this comment. And while you are entitled to your opinion here is mine backed up with real life experience.

What these extreme athletes do is simply amazing. They put their lives on the line time and time again for our "entertainment". Some of them have families that rely on them, some of them have parents that rely on them or spouses or whatever. When they talk on these videos and are serious about what they say I think they should be!! These stunts could very well cost them their lives and to what end..our entertainment.

As well their commentary can at times inspire others to do well, get through that last chemo treatment, get them through a dialysis treatment comfort them when things aren't going right in their lives.

Here's my story....while I was pregnant with my youngest son I got very very ill. I had to be medi-vacced to Foothills hospital because both my life and his were in danger. I developed pre-eclampsia which progressed into toxemia. Basically your blood pressure gets too high and your body can not tolerate the pregnancy any longer. My liver began to shut down I can not tell you how excruciatingly painful that is. The goal was to keep me medicated and on bed rest for as long as possible to give Trennis the best fighting chance. Every day that a premie spends in utero the better, day to day can make a significant difference in their prognosis. At that time the "Breathe" video that Casey Darke rode in and Brent Viedemann produced had just come out. I watched that video over and over again while I was at home I know that video by heart!! But it was during these difficult days in the hospital that my mind wondered and I would think of that video over and over again it brought me a sense of peace and calm. Was I curing cancer or preforming open heart surgery no but the serenity and comfort that video brought me was immeasureable.

Sometimes we need to think outside of ourselves and the consequences of any of those videos can be far reaching to the point we don't know how they may inspire someone!

Jan

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^

thanks Jan,, great post

people help people in all sorts of ways but sometimes people get blinded along the way,,,

we can all do more to help others even if its the smallest little thing it can help,,, you dont need to be a Doctor or philantropist to help others....

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually Deaner I really disagree with this comment. And while you are entitled to your opinion here is mine backed up with real life experience.

What these extreme athletes do is simply amazing. They put their lives on the line time and time again for our "entertainment". Some of them have families that rely on them, some of them have parents that rely on them or spouses or whatever. When they talk on these videos and are serious about what they say I think they should be!! These stunts could very well cost them their lives and to what end..our entertainment.

As well their commentary can at times inspire others to do well, get through that last chemo treatment, get them through a dialysis treatment comfort them when things aren't going right in their lives.

Here's my story....while I was pregnant with my youngest son I got very very ill. I had to be medi-vacced to Foothills hospital because both my life and his were in danger. I developed pre-eclampsia which progressed into toxemia. Basically your blood pressure gets too high and your body can not tolerate the pregnancy any longer. My liver began to shut down I can not tell you how excruciatingly painful that is. The goal was to keep me medicated and on bed rest for as long as possible to give Trennis the best fighting chance. Every day that a premie spends in utero the better, day to day can make a significant difference in their prognosis. At that time the "Breathe" video that Casey Darke rode in and Brent Viedemann produced had just come out. I watched that video over and over again while I was at home I know that video by heart!! But it was during these difficult days in the hospital that my mind wondered and I would think of that video over and over again it brought me a sense of peace and calm. Was I curing cancer or preforming open heart surgery no but the serenity and comfort that video brought me was immeasureable.

Sometimes we need to think outside of ourselves and the consequences of any of those videos can be far reaching to the point we don't know how they may inspire someone!

Jan

Well I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

In the event I face health problems, or some other difficult situation I will turn to my faith, family, and friends. If Im looking for some light entertainment, Ill pop in a sledding vid.

To each thier own.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Well I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

In the event I face health problems, or some other difficult situation I will turn to my faith, family, and friends. If Im looking for some light entertainment, Ill pop in a sledding vid.

To each thier own.

Apparently you have never been in such a situation because what you don't know is that it takes all types of "support" to get us through tough/difficult or good times. Whether that inspiration comes from faith, friends, family, a peaceful visualizational or repeating mantras we do what we have to do to get through.

The point is we have no idea how our thoughts/actions or words affect people and in what context they put them in.

Hopefully when you pop that vid in you will remember the risks these extreme athletes took to "entertain" you!

Yup agree to disagree!

Jan

Top Bottom