Amazing!!!

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I dunno I'd rather hear what an extreme athlete has to say about their sport and what it takes for them to do it then listen to a whiney azz over weight baseball player who makes millions a year, talk about what a challenge it is and how much grit it took to waddle his azz to first base a few times.

Then again, I don't watch sled videos in the hopes that the meaning of life will be revealed to me either.....:rolleyes:

Jan

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a great video, not really a boarder but I would buy that just to see the snow and landscape, and the crazy things people do these places!:d

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Looks like a great video, not really a boarder but I would buy that just to see the snow and landscape, and the crazy things people do these places!:d

That's what I thought too NOS I don't board but the scenery and cinematography in that teaser was amazing. I think I am going to be looking to pick that one up.

Jan

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that and you are starting see alot of the same climbs in these videos... why do i keep seeing monster chute in almost every movie?? Really there are other chutes around. Or the same areas being sledded and filmed. Plenty of areas around that have yet to be discovered.

Mayby i should start a calgary crew and film all my gems:d make some side cash:beer:

Thats cause everybody only rides boulder mtn.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome video clip Jan, thanks for sharing.
Sledders are not the only ones enjoying living life :d:beer:

Twisted Boost

Biggest Poster
Reaction score
Good work Jan hopefully it didn't get wrecked...........:beer: Your thread.... Good post...

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it just me.......or are extreme sports athletes starting to take themselves and what they do too seriously? Im really tired of the slow-mo commentary on all of these videos with these guys giving their philisophical views on life and how some extreme sport is almost bigger than life itself, or at the very least some giant part of it. It seems like alot of sledding films are the same. Just watched the teaser for the new Slednecks film. The clips were awesome, but the commentary just made me roll my eyes. The stuff they are doing is amazing, but at the end of the day its just a recreational activity.

Just my opinion though I guess.:)

recreational??? those guys(skiers/boarders) do this for a living. They spend days, maybe even years looking for the biggest baddest line that nobody else has ridden to ride.

Boarding some of those lines is serious business yes literally a business, make a mistake and die, ride it out and get a big sponsorship contract. Companies can market these guys to sell their products so they take it seriously also.

Being a ski pro/bum is a way of life, many many people starve to be able to ski everyday.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
A ski/board Pro can make a fantastic living as their product is marketed throughout the world. There are literally hundreds who currently make it their carrers.
Probably less than 5 Sled Pros in existence.

Im pretty sure Art of Flight budget surpassed their latest budget (Thats it Thats All) which was $2 million.....sled films are run on a shoetring by comparision.
The Cineflex cameras they use are 250k alone....they have 8 I think.
I'd watch that stuff all day long......amazing and can hardly wait to see the entire production.
They were in Revy almost 2 months.........pretty sure they loved the area for its snow and terrain :)

Safe sleddin
RS

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The videography was out of this world! It was amazing. Thanks so much for sharing, Jan.

Can any of us imagine the cost of producing that little trailer and the resulting video???

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it just me.......or are extreme sports athletes starting to take themselves and what they do too seriously? Im really tired of the slow-mo commentary on all of these videos with these guys giving their philisophical views on life and how some extreme sport is almost bigger than life itself, or at the very least some giant part of it. It seems like alot of sledding films are the same. Just watched the teaser for the new Slednecks film. The clips were awesome, but the commentary just made me roll my eyes. The stuff they are doing is amazing, but at the end of the day its just a recreational activity.

Just my opinion though I guess.:)

I didn't even notice any commentary. Either I subconsciously ignore it, or I was too captivated by the enormity of what those boarders are doing. Unreal. :beer:

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
recreational??? those guys(skiers/boarders) do this for a living. They spend days, maybe even years looking for the biggest baddest line that nobody else has ridden to ride.

Boarding some of those lines is serious business yes literally a business, make a mistake and die, ride it out and get a big sponsorship contract. Companies can market these guys to sell their products so they take it seriously also.

Being a ski pro/bum is a way of life, many many people starve to be able to ski everyday.

pretty much sums it up right there.....theres that one guy, jeremy jones??? lol, does a movie called DEEPER....heres the trailer, gives you an indication of how serious these guys are......
[YT]watch?v=Cu5jGnXOFgc[/YT]

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty much sums it up right there.....theres that one guy, jeremy jones??? lol, does a movie called DEEPER....heres the trailer, gives you an indication of how serious these guys are......
[YT]watch?v=Cu5jGnXOFgc[/YT]

now there's a man willing to put some real effort into his sport

Top Bottom