Amazing!!!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it just me.......or are extreme sports athletes starting to take themselves and what they do too seriously? Im really tired of the slow-mo commentary on all of these videos with these guys giving their philisophical views on life and how some extreme sport is almost bigger than life itself, or at the very least some giant part of it. It seems like alot of sledding films are the same. Just watched the teaser for the new Slednecks film. The clips were awesome, but the commentary just made me roll my eyes. The stuff they are doing is amazing, but at the end of the day its just a recreational activity.

Just my opinion though I guess.:)

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
Is it just me.......or are extreme sports athletes starting to take themselves and what they do too seriously? Im really tired of the slow-mo commentary on all of these videos with these guys giving their philisophical views on life and how some extreme sport is almost bigger than life itself, or at the very least some giant part of it. It seems like alot of sledding films are the same. Just watched the teaser for the new Slednecks film. The clips were awesome, but the commentary just made me roll my eyes. The stuff they are doing is amazing, but at the end of the day its just a recreational activity.

yeah, its just you

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
You're cool. You should make a video about middle age men who dont even own sleds, that lurk around on the internet and act cool. You could be the star!

well, thanks for your input, of course it was just my opinion that it was just you. lets let others chime in on that.

and yeah if peeps would pay for that vid, i'll get production set up and start filming, i dont act cool, i am cool, and im not lurking...

way to wreck trax 2 treadz thread...

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's not just you.

KH2110

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8or.......i'm wondering if there is anyone you could sleep with to get a free sled..........I hate to see a brotha sledless!

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You don't have to buy the dvd.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8or.......i'm wondering if there is anyone you could sleep with to get a free sled..........I hate to see a brotha sledless!
I asked this in a thread before how ya get hooked up with free sleds and who has been hooked up... but it somehow went away...

Maybe we can start a list here???

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread went sideways faster than a rowdy thread! Everyone have a :beer: only 2 weeks till days start getting shorter again.

Sent from my kickass HTC Desire because Apple sucks!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

that and you are starting see alot of the same climbs in these videos... why do i keep seeing monster chute in almost every movie?? Really there are other chutes around. Or the same areas being sledded and filmed. Plenty of areas around that have yet to be discovered.

Mayby i should start a calgary crew and film all my gems:d make some side cash:beer:

woodzy

Reaction score

Now THAT is a life lesson... Can I get a philosophical view on this please? Thanks.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I gotta disagree with you Dean! I don't care for the commentary in a lot of the sled or snowboard vids I've seen. But to me it's not just a recreational activity. I know the feeling I get sitting on the top of a mtn looking out into the endless sea of white. I think every ride I've been on I feel amazed that I am able to see what I see in a day. I'm lucky to be able to do this sport...very lucky.

That looks like an amazing video.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gotta disagree with you Dean! I don't care for the commentary in a lot of the sled or snowboard vids I've seen. But to me it's not just a recreational activity. I know the feeling I get sitting on the top of a mtn looking out into the endless sea of white. I think every ride I've been on I feel amazed that I am able to see what I see in a day. I'm lucky to be able to do this sport...very lucky.

That looks like an amazing video.

No, I agree with that part Krista. Thats probably the closest I feel to God, is sitting on top of a mountain gazing at his creation. But there is a difference between that.......and thinking that you are accomplishing something great by continually pushing the envelope in an extreme sport. At the end of the day, its still just a recreational activity IMHO.

Top Bottom