Air Canada don't screw your customers!

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think that I am screwing over anybody in the general public, how about you?????????

I think he's more referring to following through with job action that effects the general public, not what these employees do in their spare time??

If you striked while knowing outright that you are putting hundreds of people out, and are doing it to 'strong arm' your empoyer, don't get upset when these people you have screwed have issues with you and your union.

Example, if the unions up at the coal mines strike, it doesn't effect enough people to create a backlash, when your strike causes my grandmother to be stuck in rural sasky, you're going to wind up with some pissed off people.

Funny enough, these are the same people who may use your service, and keep you in the job.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I know in my industry we have rules and regulations in place for "driver fatigue". It's a condition that's not taken lightly with serious consequences when the worst happens. So why would "pilot fatigue" be any different ?? Sounds to me the union is their only way of governing. Qualified (or seasoned) persons in all trades are drastically declining. So the allternative is to produce more sweat from your existing work force and after awhile people finally have enough. That's the way I see it anyway.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think he's more referring to following through with job action that effects the general public, not what these employees do in their spare time??

If you striked while knowing outright that you are putting hundreds of people out, and are doing it to 'strong arm' your empoyer, don't get upset when these people you have screwed have issues with you and your union.

Example, if the unions up at the coal mines strike, it doesn't effect enough people to create a backlash, when your strike causes my grandmother to be stuck in rural sasky, you're going to wind up with some pissed off people.

Funny enough, these are the same people who may use your service, and keep you in the job.

True enough JaySimon, I guess I get a little testy when someone says all union employees are screwing over the general public.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True enough JaySimon, I guess I get a little testy when someone says all union employees are screwing over the general public.

I hear ya, don't want to be painting everybody with a broad brush.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off, lumping all union employees under the "screwing over the general public for your own benefit" banner is rather absurd (I don't need to explain how ridiculous this statement is).

Second there are many, many companies that are unionized that also have the same share system as WJ so that point means nothing.

Thirdly I am a union employee and I don't screw over the general public. I volunteer at the local "Friends of Hudson's Hope", we help people with medical expenses that do not have the money to do it on their own. I volunteer at the local curling club as the president and ice-maker. I have been out with the local SAR on many body recoveries and searches for sledders in our local areas and the money that they pay to me for my vehicle and fuel has all been donated back to the local SAR chapter.

I don't think that I am screwing over anybody in the general public, how about you?????????

sorry for my lack of clarification but I was talking about the pilots as this is the subject we are talking about as you were comparing the two airlines.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry eclipse, I saw "all union employees"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My apologies for the longwinded response.

Top Bottom