Air Canada don't screw your customers!

MrHankey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all fine and good to think Air Canada sucks, but until West Jet steps up to the plate and offers some real flights I can't give them all of my business. I fly a lot, too. West Jet's flights on the Saskatoon-Toronto route are sparse (1 per day), and they abandoned us by pulling the plug on the Saskatoon-Winnipeg flight.

ABANDONED you guys abandoned your own people there is more people from sask bush here than alberta

crooklyn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't flown with AC for a long time and today coming back from Las Vegas we took an AC flight.
They suck! I was so mad to find out that I had to pay $25 for the first 2 checked bags and $35 for the third. That's $85 over the price if the tickets. I don't even see how thy could be cheaper then WJ.
We would have flown WJ but we just didn't want to get back in town super late.

Next time WJ no matter what

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent flow Air Canada in years... West Jet gives you a fair price, pleasant service, don't loose your bags, treats you like a person.......
Again Air Canada is screwing it's customers around by pilots calling in sick, lost luggage, flight delays, cancelations, the seat belt sign trick, etc:nono::nono:. As customers we pay your "wages" and you think playing games with the paying customers will help your negotiations, think again. As a self employed contractor if I don't provde top notch services for my clients I don't work and my name is mud. Air Canada keep it up and see how many more customers go to WestJet. Just my two cents.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fly AC all the freaking time (2x a month) and I hate it but if I dont want to have a couple layovers and a couple hours on my flight, plus adding drive time to my trips. Prefer WJ when AC workers decide to threaten a strike and like it.

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent flow Air Canada in years... West Jet gives you a fair price, pleasant service, don't loose your bags, treats you like a person.......

Not true on the bags...had a friend fly in to Kamloops from Montreal over a year ago. Had to change planes in Calgary and they forgot everyones bags. I picked it up for her in Kamloops as we where going down, gave the guy the claim ticket. Got back to Blue and they where someone elses bags..

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bad thing about WJ is they have flight from and to certain places in the summer but then winter comes and they don't again till summer comes. HMMMMMMMMMMM

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To me Union is the name of something that makes it's members think they are being treated poorly and convinces them to go on strike. If they didn't they wouldn't have a job. Air Canada employees are paid pretty good and for any one that complains about it there would be 10 people that would love that job and pay.

The members are the union.

AirNorth1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www3.telus.net
I'de rather be flying in a Beaver with a big tatted all Canadian flight girl with back seat smoking only.
Or Ward Air with complimentary Scotch all Canadian female stewardess crews with smoking in back 30 seats.

The people flying the Air Canada jets that choose to book off should be fired regardless of what their union says. Actually the u8nion should be looked at more closely.

The biggest benefits of our big corporation union tactics goes to the Chinese.
They have all our work.
None of them are late paying their bills.

To bad it all got so fawked up to the point where its not reversible.

Last edited:

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fly to and from fort mac for work on both Westjet and Air Canada. The flight to fort mac is westjet and its awesome. The employees are very helpful and positive and the plane is a newer Boeing 777 and the flight is always smooth even if its only 40 mins. Now the flight back is on Air Canada... Older bombardier turbo prop that feels like its going to fall apart, quite a few brainless employees and the flight has been delayed a few times. I can only wonder what these stunts the employees are pulling are going to do to my flights home. If it were up to me I'd be flying westjet both ways. I shouldn't complain though, my flights are paid for and I'm not driving the highway to hell aka Hwy 63.

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately working for the Government, AC has the contract so I have to fly with them.........A few years ago flying to Victoria from Edmonton on a flight that originated in Toronto, we got off the plane and waited for our bags, well everyone from Edmonton was standing around at the end staring at an empty conveyor....it seems they forgot to load 70 peoples bags in Edm........frickin AC sucks period. Most of the flight attendants should have retired 30 years ago and remind me of my cranky senile grandmother, union or not their service blows. When I fly on my own its always WJ

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no loyalty to AC or Westjet or any other airline for that matter but I have flown lots and I dont care what the symbol shows on the tail of the aircraft they are all guilty of losing luggage, poor service etc etc including westjet. My wife and I flew from VAN to SFO with westjet a couple years ago but no bags when we arrived. They stayed on the plane and continued to Cancun for a 3 day vacation on their own. Can you imagine the nerve of those bags!!!!!! :)

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hate air canada i flew with them a few times now i fly westjet no problems and there always nice to me so if west jet dont fly there i guess i dont need to go there

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fly with AC lots and find them no different than most airlines in terms of service, delays etc etc. As a matter of fact I find that they have improved in the past few years.
But funny how people dont get the picture here and put two and two together when comparing AC and Westjet........ one is unionized and the other is not. Wonder who the culprit is??

Perhaps there might be some other differences besides union/non-union, like for instance WJ employees all have a share of the company .........................................................................justsayin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unions certainly create a lot of unnecessary problems like protecting the dead-wood (one of my biggest pet peeves being in a union), but they also do some very good things such as standing up to s%itty employers and there are more than a few of them....................yes even here in the civilized world.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perhaps there might be some other differences besides union/non-union, like for instance WJ employees all have a share of the company .........................................................................justsayin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unions certainly create a lot of unnecessary problems like protecting the dead-wood (one of my biggest pet peeves being in a union), but they also do some very good things such as standing up to s%itty employers and there are more than a few of them....................yes even here in the civilized world.

exactly! As a union employee you have no problem screwing over the general public for your own benefit but having shares in a company (essentially partner in the company) you would not think twice in doing so as you have an interest in its success.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exactly! As a union employee you have no problem screwing over the general public for your own benefit but having shares in a company (essentially partner in the company) you would not think twice in doing so as you have an interest in its success.

Any type of profit sharing is generally a good thing. Once a lowely employee takes ownership you notice things like bad service hit the drains. I work for a company that gives back in the form of profit sharing, and trust me, I treat our accounts like gold, as the more the company makes, the more I take home at the end of the year. It's a great system.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

First off, lumping all union employees under the "screwing over the general public for your own benefit" banner is rather absurd (I don't need to explain how ridiculous this statement is).

Second there are many, many companies that are unionized that also have the same share system as WJ so that point means nothing.

Thirdly I am a union employee and I don't screw over the general public. I volunteer at the local "Friends of Hudson's Hope", we help people with medical expenses that do not have the money to do it on their own. I volunteer at the local curling club as the president and ice-maker. I have been out with the local SAR on many body recoveries and searches for sledders in our local areas and the money that they pay to me for my vehicle and fuel has all been donated back to the local SAR chapter.

I don't think that I am screwing over anybody in the general public, how about you?????????

Top Bottom