2024-2025 REVELSTOKE AND AREA UPDATES

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamacam is not on 24/7 power where the Great Canadian Cam is via solar panel. It will be back once someone can maintain the power feed. Yamacam goes back 15 years as it was the first to bring mountain coverage for all Sledders. Work in progress and Yes Yamaha will continue to support as we are proud to continue to support all customers and riders. Still selling 2025 models and expecting to have one soon ;)
Why is it a "work in progress" tho after 15 years?? Is it still the original system and it's just being kept for historical reasons? There are many highly reliable systems out there! Boulder is one of the ,if not the most visited cabins in BC would it not be worthwhile to have good system so flatland losers like myself could click the banners 15 times a day ? It makes no sense to me whatsoever why the club won't upgrade the Cam?

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
What i know of the situation is the power feed at Boulder cabin is highly stressed. Its one supply that operates the entire cabin and not a a little solo feed like one camera on a stick in a log block. Boulder cabin has multiple ways to drain the system. Not enough recharge in the day if the clouds are present, Generator isn't activated, after 5 parties draining the system with every light on....etc etc etc. So lots of variables and I don't rock the boat too much as they are on their 3rd or 4th system. Happy to support as best possible. Safe sledding!

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drone cam is best,,, record the happening's then prep it for the next flight up...

Imdoo'n is thinking about loading 2 sleds on his ford F-150 w/ aluminum deck and packing me out there...

We don't need no sticking snow,,, just like the old day...

Ricochet, off of lots of rocks and trees...

Nothing a hammer,,, grinder and mig cant fix...

Lol

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was dam chilly ripp-ing past Golden area yesterday,,, definitely snowing up top,,, thick and heavy I bet...

I peel'ed around the range too Revy,,, ran into warmer drizzel's down below ,,, 50/50 crap shot it would of been much chillier up top...

Hey,,, at least it's wet up there ,,, the tributaries leading off the Mountain's were flowing...

The Kamloop's for cast is more perspiration ...

Hopefully it lead's Easterly towards the Sick Moose... lol

Top Bottom