2012 Chevrolet 2500 vs F-250

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So dad picked up his new truck a little over 2 weeks ago. Decided on a 2012 Chevrolet 1500 Z71 LTZ package with the 6.2L camaro motor.

I've never been in a gas job pickup with even comparable power. I've hit the governor in 5th gear....it has 6 gears. The interior wasn't quite as nice as the Lariat Ford but feels like it has way more power than the Ford 6.2L.

chromed

Reaction score
So dad picked up his new truck a little over 2 weeks ago. Decided on a 2012 Chevrolet 1500 Z71 LTZ package with the 6.2L camaro motor.

I've never been in a gas job pickup with even comparable power. I've hit the governor in 5th gear....it has 6 gears. The interior wasn't quite as nice as the Lariat Ford but feels like it has way more power than the Ford 6.2L.

Wow. Big change from the first post. Sounds like he his happy with his purchase.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually Ford never went broke. They never received a dime of bailout money.

The reason Toyota never went broke is because they are paying their workers pennies on the dollars of what Ford and Chevrolet do. That and they use cheap materials. Toyota has the UGLIEST interior I've ever seen. Their is a reason you don't see Toyota's in the oil patch.

Opinion is one thing but Toyota builds a fare number of their vehicles in North Amercica and im sure pays comparably. And as for cheap materials??? I haven't seen anything that is any cheaper than any domestic truck.

Pull your head out bud ur running out of air!

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya seriously, what is it with import trucks and being fugly. Ford, dodge, and chevy have had a few not so great body styles, but atleast none of them look like some toy car crap.

I don't care if they are the most reliable vehicle on the road, until they get to atleast satisfactory looks outside I wouldn't be caught dead in any import truck.

I'd love to take you for a ride in mine.... as long as you are true to your word.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Opinion is one thing but Toyota builds a fare number of their vehicles in North Amercica and im sure pays comparably. And as for cheap materials??? I haven't seen anything that is any cheaper than any domestic truck.

Pull your head out bud ur running out of air!
And FYI ford did get bailout money.

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And FYI ford did get bailout money.
No they didnt. At one point they were considering buying Dodge because of how far in the red dodge was.

Sent from my LT15a using Tapatalk

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own a chevy, buy would consider a ford for the cab space, especially if he's a larger man.
If your looking for cab space all Fords are good but not great. I am 6'3" had an F350 and hit my head on the roof on every bump, dodges are the best for overall cab space. My uncle's 6'6" and only drives dodges because he doesnt hit his head on the roof.

Sent from my LT15a using Tapatalk

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Chev is awful for cab space. In the new Chev my seat has to be reclined or my head will rest on the roof. I'm almost 6'4"

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Chev is awful for cab space. In the new Chev my seat has to be reclined or my head will rest on the roof. I'm almost 6'4"

What, do you sit like a girl with the back of your seat strait up and hugging the steering wheel?

Buddy is 6'6" 375 lbs, has a 2011 crew cab dually and fits very comfortably in the cab.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What, do you sit like a girl with the back of your seat strait up and hugging the steering wheel?

Buddy is 6'6" 375 lbs, has a 2011 crew cab dually and fits very comfortably in the cab.

This is in a half ton to remember. My seat is all the way back and reclined.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my 2011 f-250 6.2L. Actually surprising on fuel when empty, 12-13L/100. Not bad for a 3/4 ton. Pulling is a little different story tho, but no lack of power.
You must be driving 80 kph to get that mileage. Do you have stock size tires on it? I'm lucky to get 15l/100 and that's highway driving at 100 to 110.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You must be driving 80 kph to get that mileage. Do you have stock size tires on it? I'm lucky to get 15l/100 and that's highway driving at 100 to 110.

105 to 110. If you read what i said that mileage is with stock rubber. For summer i run 35 toyo's and don't get the same mileage. IMG_0230.jpg

Top Bottom