2012 Chevrolet 2500 vs F-250

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u mad bro?

no i am not "mad". there is a reason the american auto industry went broke, and im just trying to help this man avoid making a mistake. but lets not turn this into a pissing match, to each there own. you wanna drive a domestic? fine. i just choose not to and have good reason behind it. to each his own.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no i am not "mad". there is a reason the american auto industry went broke, and im just trying to help this man avoid making a mistake. but lets not turn this into a pissing match, to each there own. you wanna drive a domestic? fine. i just choose not to and have good reason behind it. to each his own.
isn't saying domestic vehicles are a "pile of garbage" and are "broke down 24/7" words from someone looking for a debate?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score

If the imports made a 1 ton diesel compareable to a domestic as far as towing/payload. I'd buy one!

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if you dont want a pile of domestic garbage thats gonna break down 24/7 its just a suggestion.

not a problem with my truck, and I dont need to drop cash into a charger to make it perform. Add to that people dont point and laugh when I drive by helps my esteem a little bit.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually Ford never went broke. They never received a dime of bailout money.

The reason Toyota never went broke is because they are paying their workers pennies on the dollars of what Ford and Chevrolet do. That and they use cheap materials. Toyota has the UGLIEST interior I've ever seen. Their is a reason you don't see Toyota's in the oil patch.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my 2011 f-250 6.2L. Actually surprising on fuel when empty, 12-13L/100. Not bad for a 3/4 ton. Pulling is a little different story tho, but no lack of power.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually Ford never went broke. They never received a dime of bailout money.

The reason Toyota never went broke is because they are paying their workers pennies on the dollars of what Ford and Chevrolet do. That and they use cheap materials. Toyota has the UGLIEST interior I've ever seen. Their is a reason you don't see Toyota's in the oil patch.

You dont see Toyota's in any industry where they might see 1 km of gravel roads. A local logging contractor tried one out a couple of seasons ago, didnt make 3 months and he parked it on the steps of the local dealership.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 GMC 2500hd 6.0 with 102,000km and its been a great truck. I think the interior is cheap though and i am looking at a ford for my next truck especially the ecoboost. My truck has all the power in i ever need to pull my 24' holiday trailer with a quad in the box but its thirsty.....real thirsty!! If its a smooth drive with not much wind and not too many hills i need a gas station in about 350km to 90L of fuel at 110km. My brother has a 2010 F-150 crew 6.5' box and it gets really good gas milage and is a smoother ride than my GM but it is a 2500. All in all i like my truck but chev needs to step up the interior and boost the HP in there gas motor (or just put that 6.2L in the 2500) before i buy another one and i have drove GM's my whole life.

MrHankey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my third toyota tacoma ,bought my first new one last week ,all three have been oil field only (operating),these trucks are bullet proof offroad, the last one 1999 tacoma the rear frame did break Toyota canada boght it back @150% of blue book value in mint condition (it was far from mint and had 360000km) i paid 6000 and toyota paid 17000.00

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not a problem with my truck, and I dont need to drop cash into a charger to make it perform. Add to that people dont point and laugh when I drive by helps my esteem a little bit.

Ya seriously, what is it with import trucks and being fugly. Ford, dodge, and chevy have had a few not so great body styles, but atleast none of them look like some toy car crap.

I don't care if they are the most reliable vehicle on the road, until they get to atleast satisfactory looks outside I wouldn't be caught dead in any import truck.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a 6.0 f350 crew love the room inside, rides very nise but for pulling would go back to the dodge one day.Yes toyota are nise toys, but need a machine for work. LOL

Top Bottom