2009 Summit 154

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well... What can I say. If anyone is still reading this post here's the outcome of my Sled purchase. Today I just purchased a 2010 M8 Snow Pro 162. I was a heart beat away from buying the Summit 800. The local dealer was going to give me a smoking deal and in the end I did pay more for the Cat. I went with the Cat because I think it's built a bit tougher than the Summit. I'm 285 lbs and 6'4" and when I compared the Summit to the M8 I think the tunnel is much stronger on the M8. I have concerns about the strength of the summit. I honestly don't think it will be able to handle the type of abuse someone my size can put on it. I would need to beef up the tunnel the second I take it out of the showroom. I would need to put on an extra bumper just to be able to tow with it. Mountain Sleds not much good unless you can tow out your buddy. I also think "for me" that I will be able to handle the M8 better than the summit because it won't take a month or more to learn how to ride the machine. Maybe the biggest issue I have with the Summit is that some of them do have Mechanical Issues. Nothing I've read or heard about the M8 is there really any mention about Mechanical issues with the motors. No Driveshaft issues. Sure every manufacturer has it's problems and I'm sure Arctic Cat has their fair share. I just get the feeling that the M8 is going to suit my needs better than the Summit. Well I gotta go for ride now. I'll let ya all know how the sled works out. I'll see you all at the top! I'll be the guy on the hill with the permanent smile!

My XP is way too easy to carve and sidehill! Only took me part of a day to learn how to ride the XP coming from a mountain cat.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well... What can I say. If anyone is still reading this post here's the outcome of my Sled purchase. Today I just purchased a 2010 M8 Snow Pro 162. I was a heart beat away from buying the Summit 800. The local dealer was going to give me a smoking deal and in the end I did pay more for the Cat. I went with the Cat because I think it's built a bit tougher than the Summit. I'm 285 lbs and 6'4" and when I compared the Summit to the M8 I think the tunnel is much stronger on the M8. I have concerns about the strength of the summit. I honestly don't think it will be able to handle the type of abuse someone my size can put on it. I would need to beef up the tunnel the second I take it out of the showroom. I would need to put on an extra bumper just to be able to tow with it. Mountain Sleds not much good unless you can tow out your buddy. I also think "for me" that I will be able to handle the M8 better than the summit because it won't take a month or more to learn how to ride the machine. Maybe the biggest issue I have with the Summit is that some of them do have Mechanical Issues. Nothing I've read or heard about the M8 is there really any mention about Mechanical issues with the motors. No Driveshaft issues. Sure every manufacturer has it's problems and I'm sure Arctic Cat has their fair share. I just get the feeling that the M8 is going to suit my needs better than the Summit. Well I gotta go for ride now. I'll let ya all know how the sled works out. I'll see you all at the top! I'll be the guy on the hill with the permanent smile!

do you want us to bring a tow rope to pull you up, so that we can see you there. i may be blind but i usually only see skidoo at the top, with a lot of green junk spread out on the hills. :) have a great day riding.

wombat440

Reaction score
Well my new M8 isn't green so it hasn't been any part of the debris you've been seeing on the hill. Probably the reason you don't see any Cats on the top of the hill is because it took you so dam long to get there that the M8's already left and went home! Seriously who cares if one is slightly better or worse than the other. It's like asking which is better a Ford or a GM? As long as we are all burning gas and having fun.

Top Bottom