Clemina

rider1

Reaction score
There was a time you could go the back way into Clemina is that still possible to do? It seems to me we went down a road for about 50km along the river.

rider1

Reaction score
Thanks Maxwell. I think i went in there in 1998 it must of felt like 50km. Do many people go in that way anymore?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe your thinking of going in from kin basket lake road? That would be much longer. And no I don't know of anyone that does that anymore since the trail is nice and groomed and shorter. We're you following kin basket lake the whole way? Very narrow lake looks like a big river

rider1

Reaction score
That sounds right there was a river on my left going in.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, used to go that way years ago. About 44 or so K, from what I remember. We used to only use that before they started regular grooming and the trail was too rough. The drive down there now would take longer than zipping up on the groomed trail. Pretty sure it is a caribou closure area anyways. Will need to check the govt maps before trying. Pretty fun trip in, man I am getting old. I remember the access from the highway to Miledge, only 6km to the alpine.

wombat

Reaction score
Howard Creek and Buster are areas to ride down there. Are they still open?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes although then you are getting into caribou country. Id look at the gov website for maps to be certain before I went down there. I have a few in the office, but they are huge....

Top Bottom