Winter vacation

Truebro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One day Id like to go somewhere more remote, like Madeira, Fiji, Reunion or Mauritius. But it would have to be a least a couple weeks. You'd be minimum 1 day each way in flights.
Fijji is mexico to douch bag Aussie’s as Mexico is Fiji to Douch bag Americans…. Just a longer flight….

Truebro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cruises are great if you have the stomach for it. I’ve been on 3 and sick on 2 of the 3. The food and excursion stops are amazing. The new Cruise ships are like floating malls. Crazy
Don’t forget when a contagious disease introduces itself to society like the scamdemic the cruise ship is the 1st place to be quarantined….

2025 has a planned release as per the WEF. Maybe book for 2026 when you get those cheap deals!

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will probably go to Huatulco in Mexico this winter. We haven't been there but others have said its great. I'd love to see Costa Rica at some point as well. Has anyone ever went to Columbia? A guy I work with tells me its fantastic, but he is from there!

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife and I spent 14 days in Curaçao last winter. I would definitely go back. We stayed at the Sandals, was a bit pricey but worth it. Rented a car, toured the island and felt quite safe.
We did a couple of tours but on our own as I hate sitting in a bush for 8 hours at a time.
This was probably the most relaxing tour we did:

IMG_7221.jpeg

IMG_7231.jpeg

When we ran out of booze, we radioed them and they delivered.
We started the 8 hour tour (which was worth it I think compared to the 4 hour) with champagne and orange juice for mimosas that we brought from the resort.
The bbq was extra. You could either bring your own food or drink or you can get it from them. We opt to support them and the food was delicious.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t forget when a contagious disease introduces itself to society like the scamdemic the cruise ship is the 1st place to be quarantined….

2025 has a planned release as per the WEF. Maybe book for 2026 when you get those cheap deals!
Just for clarification I’m not talking a virus but sea sickness is what I was experiencing.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will probably go to Huatulco in Mexico this winter. We haven't been there but others have said its great. I'd love to see Costa Rica at some point as well. Has anyone ever went to Columbia? A guy I work with tells me its fantastic, but he is from there!
I’ve been all over Mexico. You anre about to go to the greatest destination in mexico if you like consistent weather and hot.. it’s Completely safe in town and just have a relaxing vacation.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have been to Mexico 17 times. Love Mexico

We are trying Costa rica in January for 2 weeks

We use a travel agent for our trips and have had great success and great prices.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any tips on what is the best time to book vacations, or if the rewards credit cards are worth it? Like the WestJet RBC card?

Trying to talk the wife into going back to Europe next summer.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any tips on what is the best time to book vacations, or if the rewards credit cards are worth it? Like the WestJet RBC card?

Westjet RBC card sucks... cause you have to fly with Westjet. Just choose a good cashback card and pay for vacations unless you have business that is running the hell out of a CC.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Only a few short years ago, it was way cheaper to book last minute. I would Walk in pay leaving in three days. But these days, if there’s only a few seats left on the plane rather than giving a deal for them, they jack the price because there’s only a few available. It’s actually cheaper to book ahead of time. Demand has risen and the game has changed.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just booked Mazatlan for two weeks end of January. Committed to go and then found out after they chose Mazatlan in January brrr. I think it’s expensive $6500 for my wife and I. I’m a little down about the destination and the month. We could be wearing hoodies day and night in January. But I love these two so we’re gonna do it. I believe there’s 17 of us going.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Westjet RBC card sucks... cause you have to fly with Westjet. Just choose a good cashback card and pay for vacations unless you have business that is running the hell out of a CC.

No business card, just my personal card.

So far I've had good luck with WestJet, at least a lot better than Air Canada.

I've got a good cashback card, just wondering if the perks to the WestJet card were worth it.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
when we booked for Playa Del Carmen last year, we opted for the $79 price drop insurance, through Air Canada Vacations, it included seat selection, and that price drop guarantee, we got $160 per person back around Christmas as there had been that much of a drop in the pricing, 1 of our seats paid for that insurance for both of us. We booked end of November for departure end of January last year.

Not sure if we'll go in 2025 but we're looking.

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've done Colombia, amazing place amazing people. I was back packing around checking out various areas doing the hostel Bum thing. Was a differentt style holiday than I would pursue now. Not sure what they have for resorts/ all inclusive or that kind of thing.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We have had great luck with it. And now Westjet owns Sunwing all sunwing flights are Westjet

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doing some planning for February... my little guy is 7 and I think DisneyLand/Universal is our destination...

We're thinking of flying into Las Vegas, stay a night or two and visit family... drive through Arizona to visit some Snowbird parents and then over to LA for a few park days... fly home..

tips for staying in Anaheim? tips for one way car rentals?

After this its back to Hawaii... not many bikinis around LA in February...

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doing some planning for February... my little guy is 7 and I think DisneyLand/Universal is our destination...

We're thinking of flying into Las Vegas, stay a night or two and visit family... drive through Arizona to visit some Snowbird parents and then over to LA for a few park days... fly home..

tips for staying in Anaheim? tips for one way car rentals?

After this its back to Hawaii... not many bikinis around LA in February...

I’d recommend Ayres Hotel Orange in Anaheim, very nice large rooms, close to the park. We stayed there last year for some angels vs jays baseball, it right across the road from Angel stadium. The visiting players stay there quit a bit as well. There is a mall and movie theatre across the street and lots of good restaurants nearby. Was under $200 cdn a night when we stayed in April. They have nice secure parking and good food right in the hotel restaurant as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The west jet card used to be great. Since the sellout, it is almost cheaper to just book a flight vs using the companion pass. The one good thing is the free luggage but I dumped the card and went with amex instead because we stopped travelling as much.

If you fly a lot, the points might add up and be worth it. It wasn't for us

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The west jet card used to be great. Since the sellout, it is almost cheaper to just book a flight vs using the companion pass. The one good thing is the free luggage but I dumped the card and went with amex instead because we stopped travelling as much.

If you fly a lot, the points might add up and be worth it. It wasn't for us

Ya it’s not really worth it anymore for us since the sellout either, last time I went to book flights it was cheaper to book through Expedia flying untied then it was to use companion voucher with WestJet, screw it, my Avion platinum is a way better card for points anyway, gonna get rid of the WestJet elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom