which gloves for my cold sissy hands?

ren

Reaction score
I think the key is to have some warm mitts for the ride home and a few spares. I as well suffer from "acute sissy hand syndrome". My problem is finding a glove that is water proof enough. My gloves get soaked from digging then Im screwed for the rest of the day. I think I am going to try neoprene gloves with a over mitten.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what didn't you like about them ?

Had a pair last season. Loved them but the palm always seemed to absorb a lot of water and then whenever you stop they would freeze solid. Then your hands would get cold. Overall great glove never got wet hands. But if you take a lot of breaks I wouldn't reccomended them.

I picked up a pair of the Fusions as they have a different palm on them (real leather) so we shall see.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bring along half a dozen pairs of gloves, hands will be warm and dry all day!

Some good advice right there, as soon as your gloves get wet your hands will be cold. I use a leather outer glove and bring along 4 or 5 pairs of wool liners and change them out when they get wet, best system I've found.

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mitts will always be warmer than gloves, costco has head ski gloves with long cuffs for $20 or so. klim gloves are supposed to be good, expensive.
Head gloves at costco are ch!t....spend the money. I carry 3 pairs including mits. hate wet gloves

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasn`t kidding when I said half a dozen.

1- Pair of stupid warm mitts (in case of overnighter)
1- Pair of dry mitts or thick gloves
3 or 4- Thin snowboard `pipe`gloves

Warm gloves on the ride in, pipe gloves and hand warmers all day, switch em out when they get wet, back to warm gloves for the ride out. Also, handwarmers are awesome.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any fingered glove you will get cold sissy hand just like me. For -25 and lower a good pair of leather mitts is the ticket. I've tried Klim, Polaris,Ckoko glove but freeze my fingers. Carry a few sets so you got dry hands on the way home. Handguard work but are not for me. They sure cut the wind.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
O.R. glove with a real leather palm and gortex gauntlet and removable microfleece liners. rub alittle sno-seal into the palm once and awhile. They are a skiing glove so they are abit articulated but I find they fit on the handlebars perfectly. One pair all day most days. Unless its pineapple express warm and wet.:beer::d

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear the Motorfist Gloves . Usually WOT for playing, Valkyrie for the way home, and on awesome balmy days the Killswitch gloves for my basic riding.... I get stuck.... ALOT so I usually will switch to a "these are my getting stuck" set for that purpose. Sometimes I only use one set (my Wots) and other heavy duty riding days I'll use 2 or 3 sets. I really can't say enough about the quality of my Motorfist gloves. The work exactly as they are supposed to. I also have a set of True North Adventure gear gloves that I've had for 3 years. They are warm, but not as waterproof as my Motorfist gloves. I've also used the insulated Mechanics gloves for bootin around warmer days They worked but fall apart after about a month of riding (we ride once or twice a week from mid Nov to June)

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have several different pairs. i were my Klim gloves most of the time if its a bit chilly. i wear basically mechanics gloves once i get warmed up.( and there very light and thin so i carry 3 pairs and change them throughout the day) and i pack some big fluffy mitts. the kind with the nice fuzzy nose wipers on the back for the ride out at the end of the day or if my hands are really cold. the key is having multiple pairs. it doesnt matter what there made of they get wet and freeze.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought the Motorfist gloves today, I also have Klim, as well as mits and like said before I usually go up the mountain with 3-4 pairs..one thing I hate is cold hands.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought the Motorfist gloves today, I also have Klim, as well as mits and like said before I usually go up the mountain with 3-4 pairs..one thing I hate is cold hands.

ya it sucks trying to hang the heck on when you cant feel anything. especially when ya got a few hundred hp

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's why rosin, is a must...just stick yourself to the bars!...plus when you lick the bars they taste better!

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bought a couple pair of motorfist from the show in saskatoon, light pair and heavy pair. I like the heavier klim gloves but the light $90.00 pair that i bought last year started to fall apart.

Top Bottom