Weather in Valemount.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Checked the weather map for this weekend in Valemount. Looks like rain is in order....... Hope that is incorrect. Last ride was rain for 3 days... Not again :crying3: :rant:

GRD

Reaction score
I am not fan of rain... Might have to bring a lot of beer!

Checked the weather map for this weekend in Valemount. Looks like rain is in order....... Hope that is incorrect. Last ride was rain for 3 days... Not again :crying3: :rant:

Lanko

Reaction score
Just wondering if someone could give me some info on either McBride or Valemount, as far as snow conditions and where you can unload at. Have not rode either area this late in the year but would like to make one more trip without having to drive to Revelstoke or Sicamous. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Just wondering if someone could give me some info on either McBride or Valemount, as far as snow conditions and where you can unload at. Have not rode either area this late in the year but would like to make one more trip without having to drive to Revelstoke or Sicamous. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

Have you gone ridding as of your post ? I just got back from Valemount on Sunday. What areas are you or were you thinking of ridding?

Lanko

Reaction score
Bigfoot,

Probably going to head up this Friday a.m. or Saturday a.m just working out the details right now. Not sure where we are going to ride considering Westridge, Allen or Clemina. Rode Westridge the last time we were in Valemount beginning of April and it was awesome, just worried in might be a bit of nightmare to access, have never been up in the spring. I'll plead ignorance on this one but I have only been up the "backway" of Allen once about 3 years ago and am not sure where to park and how to get in. From reading the posts in the other Valemount it sounds like you guys rode a bit of a locals only area, sounds quite interesting but I do understand the secrecy, any additional info would be appreciated. On a sidebar I ride a 05 900 RMK, did you or have you had any overheating issues, and how are you enjoying the sled.

Thanks again,

Ryan

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Bigfoot,

Probably going to head up this Friday a.m. or Saturday a.m just working out the details right now. Not sure where we are going to ride considering Westridge, Allen or Clemina. Rode Westridge the last time we were in Valemount beginning of April and it was awesome, just worried in might be a bit of nightmare to access, have never been up in the spring. I'll plead ignorance on this one but I have only been up the "backway" of Allen once about 3 years ago and am not sure where to park and how to get in. From reading the posts in the other Valemount it sounds like you guys rode a bit of a locals only area, sounds quite interesting but I do understand the secrecy, any additional info would be appreciated. On a sidebar I ride a 05 900 RMK, did you or have you had any overheating issues, and how are you enjoying the sled.

Thanks again,

Ryan

Yes rode a area that the locals don't really like to talk about.... So we just go along with it, Funny thing is Bad Ass was riding the area along time ago when he lived there & pior to that. I think some locals think they own the mountain. Bad Ass & myself had heat build up on belt & clutches, We installed vents & changed air box (fire n ice) left the front rad on, Seems to have fixed heat problem. I really like the sled, Sure has a lot of torque.

the Champ

Reaction score
Still Good To Ride

If you're planning to head to Valemount Clemina might be your best bet as far as rode conditions go; The trail up is pretty direct straight to the cabin. Unload where you hit the snow and off you go. My riding posse and myself usually ride Valemount this late in the season every year and judging by last weekend there is still good snow to bury your track in...just watch out for rocks!

Thanks,

Ryan

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The so called "back way" into allan creek is an extreme caribou closure, expecially in calving season. It has seen use lately, and it sure does not look good for us. It has signs all over it which cannot be missed. I just dont get it!!!!!!! sledders will get these areas shut down, not the caribou. Do not use the back way into Allan !

Last edited:

Lanko

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip depsnolvr, I did not realize this was caribou closure, I'll make sure to take the main trail if we decide to go to Allen. Do you happen to know what type of condition it is in, I assume the bottom isn't great, just wondering how much gravel, mud, etc. a guy has to deal with before hitting snow. I know Allen much better than Clemina so would prefer to ride there if it is not to hard on parts getting in. Thanks again for the heads up.

Ryan

Last edited:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the only reports I have had from Allan are from people who have taken the back way in :nono:

As you know, Allan would not have much parking for vehicles if you have to drive up. Sorry, I just have no info on Allan. The trail gains elevation quickly so it should improve quickly as well. Clemina is where its at in the spring.....very easy to find your way around. I may ride on Saturday, when are you coming up.

Lanko

Reaction score
Probably going to head up Friday pm, or early Saturday am, usually arrive in Valemount around 9:00 or 10:00 am BC time when we leave that morning. There is going to be two of us for sure with the possibility of four. If there are four of us we are probably going to bring a four place enclosed, is this an option at Clemina at this time of year? If you want to hook up that would be excellent, I'll have a little more info in the next few days. Thanks for the previous info.

Ryan

wildf

Reaction score
wildf

Rode in from parking lot at allen on last weekend. Drove in about 1/4 mile, then unloaded. Lots of bare spots but was ridable. Enclosed trailer would be tough to get to far as streams down low running. Snow up top was good, got back into premiere, but poor visability and whiteout conditions coming and going made it difficult to get to much climbing in. Snow up top was worth the gravel at the bottom.:) :)

Lanko

Reaction score
Rode Valemount this past Friday and Saturday, rode Allen both days, parked at the gravel pit both days, had an enclosed 4 place so didn't have a lot of options. Friday the weather was snowing in the morning and ended up not being to bad in the p.m. visibility wasn't too bad at all. Saturday was awesome clear blue sky with a bit of cloud blowing in here and there, fairly windy though. Trail was pretty bare until around the 4-5 km mark but was decent after that. Found some really nice hills to pull that had a lot of good, deep spring snow on them. Had a great last ride of the year, thanks for everyone's input on this thread.

Thanks again,

Ryan

the Champ

Reaction score
Snow...where?

Good to hear that you had a good, safe trip Lanko; Nice to know that there is still ridable snow up on the tops...might have to sneak one more trip in before the season ends( maybe ).

Top Bottom