Valemount in JUNE !

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the most fun rides ever today. Unloaded at about 14km, then road patches all the way to the goat ridge trail. Lots of new bare patches on the way out, definately last ride for us, good luck to those who try next.

we toured the 3 front bowls, pulled some awesome climbs, then went to try to cross the creek. Two of us managed to cross over in avy alley, then proceed to the hillclimb. Dont think anyone would have ever followed, but we made it up to overlook the glacier. The snow is sooo full of water and lots of hidden rocks on the hillclimb side.

Burnt to a crisp. Riding in shorts and a t shirt

Met a couple of other snow and mud folks, good peeps, nice to meet you:D

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no, that creek is up at the base of hillclimb. the creek around the cabin we had to negotiate over is huge:nono: and we lucked out and found just the right spot

All pics of the action of my climbs was on buddies camera, the cat was sure runin good with her top off

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually it wasnt. It was very soft and the other were getting stuck, ask ronmexico and friends:eek:, Soft snow, but deep, I could carve donuts like mid winter in it.

There was no snow on the hillclimb hill:eek: or yes, I would have laid the smak down

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Wow, It Sounds Awesome.... Lots Of Water Content In The Snow, Eh?? I'm Headin' To Sicamous In 2 Weekends To Build Some Decks Etc, So I Might Just Have To Take The Sled For A Ride Out There....

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW ! What a ride sunday. About +17C up top and sunny. Thanks Curtis for all your help and info, you are an unreal rider.
We had a blast in goat ridge. I agree with you and think we are the last ones who will be riding there this year with that creek opened on goats trail up.

The snow was super soft like a slurpee almost; making it fairly challenging to ride which i prefer rather than rock hard snow. Unfortunately we had some BAD stucks in it though worse than some powder stucks. Im burnt to a crisp today, but worth it !

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but the 1000's unreal, I just try to hold on

Yeah, it was great to meet you guys, next year Ill show you some snow !

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I really shouldn't say this but who wants to go for a day trip this weekend to vale. These pics have me straight up jonesing

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think I would be heading out from Edmonton for a day trip. The goat ridge trail is going to be washed out more than when we were there 2 weeks ago and even then we had a hard time getting up there.....

Driving all the way from Edmonton for the day could be disapointing if nothings accesible..... But who am i to cast a dark cloud! Have fun, dont forget to take the sunscreen and take lots of pics for us.

Top Bottom