Valemount fire

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard a lightening strike started a forest fire and that it's only 2.5 k from Valemount. Anybody know any info on this? Is it true?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like one about 25km to the southeast.

1000009251.png

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It appears that it is already listed as "under control" thankfully.

Your best bet for wildfire information is The BC govt Interactive map. It's where the media outlets get their info from. They have an app too that can give notifications, alerts, etc. Fires activity has grown exponentially in the last week.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How dry is the higher alpine, I usually keep an eye on the Allen creek cam and it seems pretty green and damp, with puddles around!
Cammera has tilted to the ground the last couple of days so can't see what's happening?

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How dry is the higher alpine, I usually keep an eye on the Allen creek cam and it seems pretty green and damp, with puddles around!
Cammera has tilted to the ground the last couple of days so can't see what's happening?
I don't know about Valemount, but in the Shuswap things are drying out pretty quickly. It's been 35º- 40º in the valley and 20º - 25º in the alpine for about two weeks now without any rain. The last of the snow disappeared about 10 days ago. There's a 200+ hectare fire just south of Owlhead that is growing uncontrollably with numerous other smaller ones in the region.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know about Valemount, but in the Shuswap things are drying out pretty quickly. It's been 35º- 40º in the valley and 20º - 25º in the alpine for about two weeks now without any rain. The last of the snow disappeared about 10 days ago. There's a 200+ hectare fire just south of Owlhead that is growing uncontrollably with numerous other smaller ones in the region.
. Bc and especially Alberta have been windy this year. That with the heat is really drying us out.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
. Bc and especially Alberta have been windy this year. That with the heat is really drying us out.
Dry lightning has been causing pretty much all of these fires. A couple times in the past week and again tonight accompanied by wind. Not historically common weather for the region. The Columbia and Kootenay valleys got hit particularly hard a couple days ago. Dozens of fires there.

Top Bottom