Valemount April Grooming and Conditions Report

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Superford -

How was Allen Creek this weekend? Specifically how was the trail up, is there still snow and was it rutted out bad?

Also how were the condtions up top? I am thinking about going next weekend for one last burst.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool pics looks like great snow for this time of year, how does one get into Dixon Glacier? Was thinking of playing hookey from work, and do some sled'n one last time, is the golf course open in Vale yet? Thanks!!!!:D

The glacier is just a figment of someones imagination, it really doesn't exist. It is just a happy place in ones mind!

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Superford -

How was Allen Creek this weekend? Specifically how was the trail up, is there still snow and was it rutted out bad?

Also how were the condtions up top? I am thinking about going next weekend for one last burst.

The trail up was a bit sketchy until about km2. After that snow all the way up. Watch out for the odd washout on the trail up. We started our days around 11:00 so that the snow could soften up a bit from the freeze at night. Awesome weather, go anywhere snow no powder to speak of..more like one huge snowcone. Great last trip of the year.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Superford- Thanks for the update on the trail. Was it washboarded out?
How many other sleds were up there? What was the temp in the afternoon up top? (best guess)
Never been to Valemount. Can you trailer up the trail to snow?

I imagine the Climina trail would be more mud riding than Allen....

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Superford- Thanks for the update on the trail. Was it washboarded out?
How many other sleds were up there? What was the temp in the afternoon up top? (best guess)
Never been to Valemount. Can you trailer up the trail to snow?

I imagine the Climina trail would be more mud riding than Allen....

The trail was not too bad all things considered. Saturday there was maybe 25 sleds and Sunday probably more like 15. Temp was probably around +10 at the cabin. If you park at the upper parking lot we had a mix of snow & gravel for about the first 2km.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have never been there before and we will have my buddies girlfriend with us. I have spoken to a guy at work who says from the cabin its pretty much go wherever........, no specific trail to play off of. Im just worried about not finding my way back to the cabin at the end of the day and getting lost.
Buddy also says the switchback trail on the way up can get icy making it hard to get up there. We might wait until 11am like you did Ford for the trail to soften up a bit.

I see the weather forecast is for rain in town, hope that means snow up top but if your saying +10 at the cabin I dont think snow is happening, it will be that other stuff that eats snow.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody going to Allen this weekend? We are possibly looking to tag along with somebody who can show us around the area as we have never been to Valemount. Nothing to hard-core. Will be me, my buddy and his girlfriend. We are still debating if we are going or not but if so wouldnt mind exploring some of the area and climbing some stuff, just dont want to get lost after the cabin......

If it seals the deal I will try and get buddies old-lady to wear a bikini if its warm enough..........:D

2hills

Reaction score
I,m a coming..... was there last W/E= it was great
Going to keep going till wife says "ENOUGH ! "

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody going to Allen this weekend? We are possibly looking to tag along with somebody who can show us around the area as we have never been to Valemount. Nothing to hard-core. Will be me, my buddy and his girlfriend. We are still debating if we are going or not but if so wouldnt mind exploring some of the area and climbing some stuff, just dont want to get lost after the cabin......

If it seals the deal I will try and get buddies old-lady to wear a bikini if its warm enough..........:D

this thread is worthless without pics!!!

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does 8" of snow in Hinton translate to in Climina......?:i_need_snow:

I think thats now where our little group is going to go saturday if you've been following my thread. I hear its easier to trailer up climina than Allen, plus I heard its easier to get around to some of the bowls than Climina is if you dont know where your going:giterdone:.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the current Allen Creek / Celmina snow and trail condtions? Sounds like McBride might be "fresher".

Top Bottom