Valemount April Grooming and Conditions Report

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, we are going to give it one more shot:D.

VARDA will be grooming the Allan and Clemina Creek snowmoible areas on Friday night, April 18th. Depending on the attendance we may run them up Saturday night as well, but it is strictly depending on rider numbers.

COME ON UP FOR ONE LAST RIDE !

We would like to thank all the 2007/2008 VARDA sponsors and all of our visiting guests for an excellent season.

Can't wait to see you all next year and keep your ears and eyes open for more ATV development in the Valemount area

Thanks again everyone ! Have a great summer !

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you mean "one last ride?" There are 4 of us heading up May 2-4. That will be our last ride of the year. Bring on the gravel down low. Here's to hoping for snow up top and some nice spring riding.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha, Fair enough, if fishing doesnt get good, Ill be riding until June..lol

Hows this, "Come on up for one last ride on a groomed trail":D

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, we are now officially done grooming for the season. Again, I would like to thank all VARDA sponsors, our grooming contractor and most importantly all of you riders that come to our wonderful winter paradise. Valemount is an awesome place to be and an even better place to ride !

Dont forget, we are just as much fun in the summer ! Fishing is only a few weeks away:D

Cheers to another looooong and deeeeeeep season for 2008/2009:headbanger::headbanger:

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions for VARDA even things you would like to see done with cabins, trails, parking areas etc, we are always listening to our riders, please email or call the VARDA office.

Take care and have a great spring, lots of riding left out there :Snowmobile1:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For all those that have been asking, I can finally say...

Yes it is ok to ride the Dixon Glacier in Clemina. The sign states April 30th, but all of our paperwork states that when the Heli outfits are done for the season the HeliSki areas, besides a few relating to other circumstances, will be open for sledding, so have at it:D
I will be working on the possibility of covers for the signs after the Heli guys are closed to reduce the confusion for next year.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
how is the trail condition and how far are we going to have to park up the trail if going to clemina. i want to make a late spring ride. Wondering when it is to late to come. or in other terms when is the last possible weekend that i can find snow

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riders are leaving from the parking areas still. Cold weather this week has held up the trails. Clemina is a little bare around the swamp corner at 1.5km, but overall the trail still has a great base left. Allan is the same, parking in the upper lot and you should find snow right at the toll booth. Use caution on some of the upper switchbacks as I have heard there is a bit of ice.

We've had a great season guys, please respect the Caribou Closures, and refrain from using the "Back way" into some riding areas. The trails are holding up well, so please use them.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was down south today and it was raining/snowing at lower elevations:D Here's a shot out my door right now, not much down low, but should be some good snow for the weekend

Attachments

• CIMG2034.JPG
    CIMG2034.JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 266

joesled

Reaction score
Just got back from riding clamina this weekend and all I can say is thank you Curtis for your info regarding the opening of the Dixon Glacier.This had been our 4th trip to valemont this year and this weekend by far was my best trip yet."Fantastic Snow and Sun.Thanks to all the members of Snow and Mud for helping me with tech tips and snow and riding conditions.You have all been very helpful.Here are some pics to try to describe what we had to deal with this trip.Enjoy.

Attachments

• Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 189
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 185
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 181
  • Picture 057.jpg
    Picture 057.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 181

joesled

Reaction score
Just a couple more.

Attachments

• Picture 063.jpg
    Picture 063.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 232
  • Picture 065.jpg
    Picture 065.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 231
  • Picture 067.jpg
    Picture 067.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 233
  • Picture 064.jpg
    Picture 064.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 233

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Joe you missed a few spots. Get r done next ime. We were there Sun a little cloudy but still great riding up there. Didnt make it to the glacier because one of our guys was done to 1 strand on his throttle cable. He made it out but could have been different way back in Danger Basin:eek:

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool pics looks like great snow for this time of year, how does one get into Dixon Glacier? Was thinking of playing hookey from work, and do some sled'n one last time, is the golf course open in Vale yet? Thanks!!!!:D

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, Valemount Pines is up and running :D We have also been snowed on here in town all morning and you cant even see the mountains. The weather network is also calling for snow for the weekend !

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis: Have you been by Allen Creek in the past few days. We will be there Friday through Sunday and would like to know how much gravel we will ride before we hit snow.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sorry, I have not been up the trail. I was in the lot yesterday installing the "Grooming Season Over" signs and from what I saw, just park in the upper lot or gravel pit (if its not too soft) and ride right from there. Definately some fresh snow up there ! Im moving into my new home this weekend or I would come with you.

On another note, I know its a pain, BUT now that we are done grooming, there is no one to bring down the garbage from the cabins. I dont know how it gets there cause we ALL, "Pack out what you Pack in" right;) but if there is a large supply and someone can strap a small bag to their sled to get some of it off the mountain would be great. Ill be up a few more times, but cannot get out until next week sometime.

Any help is appreciated

thanks
c

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem bringing some bags up and bringing some garbage back down with us at the end of the day. It is the least we can do for all the hard work you put in throughout the year.
Thanks for the update.

Top Bottom