Valemont Blue River in Dec

kudroc2

Reaction score
Thinking about getting out to Valemount or Blue River before x-mas.

In the past only been sledding Jan-March.

Curious what the conditions are like in December. Some guys say tons of powder but no base, spend all day getting stuck going downhill, other guys love it.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dont listen to them,Dec is usually the start of decent riding ,early december you still have to keep an eye open for land mines but there is usually a decent base by then and I go the beginning of dec every year and if it sucked I wouldnt continue going that early.The season is short so take advantage if you can!
My Two Cents!
catmando!

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think some of the best riding is before xmas but it all depends what your into. I like bottomless powder in my opinion you have to be a better rider to get around in it but just my.02.

Auxilery

Reaction score
Early bottomless powder is challenging... in my opinion the best riding you'll ever have!!!

kudroc2

Reaction score
Thank you. I guess the only way to see what it is like is to just go. I am a fairly new rider... been out Valemont 3 time, and have never experienced heavy powder. I think my 08 800 XP is craving some bottomless powder.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Thank you. I guess the only way to see what it is like is to just go. I am a fairly new rider... been out Valemont 3 time, and have never experienced heavy powder. I think my 08 800 XP is craving some bottomless powder.
Check out My Thread I posted Pics today of Blue River Conditions

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went very early Dec once and bought lots of parts ........usaully start at Xmas. Will be the same this year for backcountry riding.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have gone at the beginning of December for the last 3 years, and we have not had to replace any parts on any machine. You have to be a little less aggresive, but I love the deep powder, and early season is much better for deep stuff than Feb-April (unless you go to places like Revy that get a ton of powder all season)

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
We have gone at the beginning of December for the last 3 years, and we have not had to replace any parts on any machine. You have to be a little less aggresive, but I love the deep powder, and early season is much better for deep stuff than Feb-April (unless you go to places like Revy that get a ton of powder all season)
BLUE RIVER B.C. also has a TON of Powder ALL Season long !

We are only 90 Miles from Revelstoke as the Crow Fly's....

We are in the VERY Same Snow Blet that Revy is in ...

Our Average in Town for Blue River is approx. 20 Feet thats just in Town !

Sledders that came here last Year said ..." To Much Powder " Yes You read that right ...

" To Much Powder "

If You got off Your Sled track Youwould sink to Your Chest !

If You have Never Ridin Blue River welllll Then....

Come on Over here and We will Show You a Great time with Champange Powder !

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The other nice thing about Blue River is that it is a little closer than Revy (roughly 1.5 to 2 hours) if you are from the Edmonton area. Blue Jewel, would you be able to list the areas that are open for sledding around Blue River this year? I heard that the Murtle Coulies have been closed.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
The other nice thing about Blue River is that it is a little closer than Revy (roughly 1.5 to 2 hours) if you are from the Edmonton area. Blue Jewel, would you be able to list the areas that are open for sledding around Blue River this year? I heard that the Murtle Coulies have been closed.
Wellll......

So Far.....Gov't is moving along really s l o w l y ....

So Nothing has been Closed yet...

They are all still " Proposed Closed " sooooooo

Come and Ride them until We are told different all Areas are Open right now.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
I will List all or any Closures the Minute I get the word.

I will Post on My Thread soon.

So Right now it is Business as Usual.

Us Powder Packers have everything under Control , soooooo

Come On out to Blue River and " GIVER "

I will Post on My thread now. Thanks for letting Me play on Your Thread !

Blue River Appreciate Your Business & Support !

I Applause You ALL for taking the time to HELP Us with Dana Foster Issue ! THANKS A MILLION !

Top Bottom