Two Wheel Kit

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey was wondering a Couple things about the two wheel kit. Was looking at getting the billit kit and was wondering what is the main purpose of the kit. Just wondering if there is going to be more wear on the slidders cause i plan on doing both mountain and local riding. Thanks ahead of time.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 2 wheel kit makes u carve better because the track has more flex and the bigger the wheel the less rolling mass === more hp and plus the bling bling is at least 5hp haha and u wont wear out your sliders and more then normal

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wait for the sled show there will be lots for sale there the wheels are about $75 each for the 8 inch and the axle is $65 or phone bruce at mountain magic he will set u up make sure u tell him its for a doo :d

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is easy loosen u track off take take the bolts out that tighten ur track the kit will have new ones to install they will go to the inside of your rails put wheels on u might half to press ur bearings on your new wheels some come press on and some don't slide the new axle in tighten track done about a 1hr job but i have done lots :d

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just check mountain magic web site for u the axle is $109 and the wheels are $65 each :d

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 2 wheel kit makes u carve better because the track has more flex
Myth

the bigger the wheel the less rolling resistance
True

tthe bling bling is at least 5hp
:D

u wont wear out your sliders any more then normal
True

just my opinions. I've never bought the carving better thing (sorry GB) just don't see that much flex in the track from the end of the rail to the wheel to the side of the track, with or without the wheel. Keeping the track stiffer on the outside (having the wheels outside the rails) should give you a more precise and predictable edge, making carving easier, not the other way around. I think peeps thought it looked cool (and it does so if you like it do it) and the carving thing was a marketing gimic to sell it to everyone else as a perfomance advantage.

Ridden sleds with and without and no difference IMO. I have it on one sled and not the other.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HA..well im a two wheel guy. sleds im still learning about. Engines i know very well but tracks there are alot of thinks ill be learning. Might take me a bit more than an hour cause i think i understood the bearings part... thats about it :p :d:beer:

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha modman i just about got them all right and the bearings your new wheels might not have the bearing installed in them all u do is press the bearing into your new wheel or just get wheels that have the bearings allready installed save u some stress :d

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Myth

True

:D

True

just my opinions. I've never bought the carving better thing (sorry GB) just don't see that much flex in the track from the end of the rail to the wheel to the side of the track, with or without the wheel. Keeping the track stiffer on the outside (having the wheels outside the rails) should give you a more precise and predictable edge, making carving easier, not the other way around. I think peeps thought it looked cool (and it does so if you like it do it) and the carving thing was a marketing gimic to sell it to everyone else as a perfomance advantage.

Ridden sleds with and without and no difference IMO. I have it on one sled and not the other.

ya performance i didnt think would change with the wheels im going for that cool look thing. I HATE the red ones that are on it. i want them gone. Thanks

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so with the two wheel kit thats just for the back or do i have the option of taking off the other boggies? ( hope their called that)

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya performance i didnt think would change with the wheels im going for that cool look thing. I HATE the red ones that are on it. i want them gone. Thanks

It takes more force to roll a track around a smaller radius that is a fact. I buy my bearings at Comercial Solutions cheap.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is a couple pics and if u are riding around here i wouldn't take any more wheels off the wheels hold the track off the sliders and when the wheels are gone the track rubs the sliders more and wears out fast people do take them little wheels off but there in the mountains with 4 feet of snow so lots of cooling

Attachments

• t_9_-billets_994.jpg
    t_9_-billets_994.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 136
  • p.jpg
    p.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is a couple pics and if u are riding around here i wouldn't take any more wheels off the wheels hold the track off the sliders and when the wheels are gone the track rubs the sliders more and wears out fast people do take them little wheels off but there in the mountains with 4 feet of snow so lots of cooling

Those look sick. im after the black ones....or do they come i green??? lol so i should keep the front wheels aswell? cause ya its at the lake it will hit the flat land offten.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only have 2 bogies left on both my skids, have 4 seasons on one set of sliders, no plans to replace them anytime soon either. Just did the others this year because we had to tow it to the truck without a track on it in June and had to do a few stream crossings and bare dirt. They were still useable but I replaced them because sliders are cheap and they had a few scratches in them from hitting rocks in the dirt and streams.

Take the bogies off if you want, don't run in really low snow conditions, if the snow is hard use scratchers and you will be fine. If you wanna run around the field when there is a 1" of snow on the ground and do wheelies on the dirt then you will have to replace them every year. Put a temp gauge on it - if the gauge starts to climb then you do not have enough snow for cooling and therefore enough lube for the sliders IMO.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only have 2 bogies left on both my skids, have 4 seasons on one set of sliders, no plans to replace them anytime soon either. Just did the others this year because we had to tow it to the truck without a track on it in June and had to do a few stream crossings and bare dirt. They were still useable but I replaced them because sliders are cheap and they had a few scratches in them from hitting rocks in the dirt and streams.

Take the bogies off if you want, don't run in really low snow conditions, if the snow is hard use scratchers and you will be fine. If you wanna run around the field when there is a 1" of snow on the ground and do wheelies on the dirt then you will have to replace them every year. Put a temp gauge on it - if the gauge starts to climb then you do not have enough snow for cooling and therefore enough lube for the sliders IMO.

Thanks, i have scratchers. the good ones too so im good to go for that. and i have no intentions what so ever to go until there is a good depth to the snow. Thanks guys. when removing the bogies, just take em off? or is there another axel for them?

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i might even grab a couple of billit bogies too little more bling and i dont have to worry about it. so if i make the bacl 8" should i make the bogies 8" too?

Top Bottom