tuning up the chevelle

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tuning up the chevelle where is a good place

well iam taking my car to bluenose out of spruce grove to get the car on the dyno to tune it up for this elevation kelowna is 250 meters lower then here so its running a bit rich so has any one heard of these guys good or bad they have a couple cars that race at castrol and thats all i know about them thanks colin any sugestions where else to take it :)

Last edited:

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never heard of them. But my dad has dealt with Randy at ProStock in Edmonton with his 69 gmc. Has had zero problems and knows his stuff.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i have heard the iron garage is the place to go for any of that stuff....one of the superintendents with my company is huge into his cars and swears by this these guys and their work

well iam taking my car to bluenose out of spruce grove to get the car on the dyno to tune it up for this elevation kelowna is 250 meters lower then here so its running a bit rich so has any one heard of these guys good or bad they have a couple cars that race at castrol and thats all i know about them thanks colin any sugestions where else to take it :)

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: tuning up the chevelle where is a good place

Don't know anything about them.......but my buddy takes his cuda to iron garage, he says there very good to deal with........Let us know how it turns out, and oh yeah I meant it before when I said you could adopt me.....I'll ask the wife if she thinks it's still a good idea or not.

Bulldog Racing

Reaction score
Chat with Louie at AMS. He doesn't have a chassis dyno, but he is one of the smartest engine guys in the country.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• Chev1.jpg
    Chev1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 209
  • chev2.jpg
    chev2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 213

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:beer::d:d
i have heard the iron garage is the place to go for any of that stuff....one of the superintendents with my company is huge into his cars and swears by this these guys and their work

X2, i know a guy that works there. I'll warn you thou they are not cheap but i don't think that much matters to you looking in your toybox.:d:d

Lucky bugger, im envious:d

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chat with Louie at AMS. He doesn't have a chassis dyno, but he is one of the smartest engine guys in the country.

x2 on Louie over at AMS....he builds every kind of engine imaginable from boat engines racing in New Zealand to tractor pulling engines to Sprint car stuff. Has many track championship engines out there...great guy to deal with as well Boost. Knows his stuff for sure...

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i talked to louie today at ams they dont do any tune ups but i will try out these other guys will be there on wed morning i will let u guys know how they are they have 2 8 second cars they race so cant be all that bad hahaha:d oh and iron horse was way to busy for me well thats what they told me hahaha they didnt really seem to care hahaha

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boost there used to be a guy who had a chasis dyno ...I think it was Stew's or something like that...I think Mark and his dad from Campbell Automotive
(780)-452-3535 purcashed it but you'd have to call them to see. Chasis dyno is great if you can get a guy that is on his game with tuning as it puts load on the car as if it were on the street....really a great way to maximize your set-up for sure.

I wasn't sure if Louie did tune ups but I know he tunes the engines that he builds and he's a super busy guy as well. I had some work done on my blower engine over at Campbells and they did pretty fair work and didn't gouge me either.

Someone else was talking about Randy over at Pro-Stock ...he's on his game as well...has some real fast stuff out there and I think they tune as well.
(780) 453-6161. Let us know how you make out there Boost...:d

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i will this bluenose racing out of spruce grove has a chasis dyno so its going to be great will let u know :d

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I just got the chevelle back from pro max in the city they did a big tune up on her and they did an awesome job would recommend them to anyone they were fast and reasonable price them 2 guys know there engines so cant wait till they throw the fast efi kit on it going to be awesome

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes:If I had to guess whoever set it up beforehand DID NOT:nono: want the car to lean out;)-go BOOM!!:d

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Well I just got the chevelle back from pro max in the city they did a big tune up on her and they did an awesome job would recommend them to anyone they were fast and reasonable price them 2 guys know there engines so cant wait till they throw the fast efi kit on it going to be awesome

Cool,,,, Wonder how fast it would take to get to airdrie:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seriously,,,beautiful car,,,,most powerfull car i ever drove was a SRT -8 Challenger or the SRT-8 Cherokee,,,they would get smoked by that Chevelle..Plus it a chevy so that tells ya right there it rocks..

Top Bottom