track clearance on an Apex with 7 tooth drivers

vjc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled is in a million pieces right know, and i need to know what kind of clearance between the drivers and the front cooler, can someone help me out?

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I know you can get a 2.5 paddle track on a stock sled with about .25" clearance, so 2.75" apprx.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all depends on what size of track u wanna run. if u want a 3" on an apex pretty sure your gonna need to drop and roll.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did see CR racing has a front cooler mod that I think will let you run a 3 inch track......you send them your cooler and they mod it and send it back......

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen the Cooler Mod done to the Nytros to fit the 3" track. The Apexs I have seen had the drop and roll done. All the 2.5" tracks I have seen are just install and go.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with my 2.5 track on with 7 tooth drivers I have 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch......I have been thinking about a D&R but now thinking of doing the cooler mod to get a 3 inch in........since my rear skid is set up PERFECT (for climbing) and if I do a drop and roll I have to re mount the skid and rear brackets.......just to much work unless I do a new tunnel! Im beginning to think the 3 inch is just not worth the work......I just want to ride with the kid.....not see god (probably would be the guy down below lol) this year! lol

Top Bottom