top posters

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was trucking barley for 2 days, 10000 bushels from under 200 acres and organic, no chemicals or fertilizers....decent crop considering how dry it was

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nothing better than a shower after dealing with barley all day
Was talking to a cousin of mine from Tribune, Sask. There is a lot of canary seed grown south of Weyburn and he said the itch factor is x100 compared to barley or oats. That chit must be just brutal because barley is no picnic in the park.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was talking to a cousin of mine from Tribune, Sask. There is a lot of canary seed grown south of Weyburn and he said the itch factor is x100 compared to barley or oats. That chit must be just brutal because barley is no picnic in the park.
oh god, that would be hell

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He said he knows a guy that has his crew put duct tape around the door on his combine to keep as much dust out as possible. Haha. Don’t even ask me how he has a piss
maybe thats why my cousins only planted that stuff one time, I will have to ask them

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe thats why my cousins only planted that stuff one time, I will have to ask them
Yeah we quit growing barley on our farm as well. Nobody wants to deal with it. Even the commercial trucker we use doesn’t like getting in the bin to help.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats bearded wheat like? I may have to avoid helping with harvest

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats bearded wheat like? I may have to avoid helping with harvest
Strangely it’s not really much different than non bearded varieties for me anyway Claude. I’ll take wheat or canola any day over barley

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I view Doug as a good friend as we have known each other since 2007, been snowmobiling together, ate together and he won’t even tell me what vintage he is. It is a well guarded secret he will take to his grave me thinks. Will probably find out at his funeral if Bev lets the preacher know. 😂
In a nut shell, you guys know how women don’t like to divulged their age. Well, if I were to let my age out various people would pretty well guess how old my wife is.
Happy wife is a happy life.

Top Bottom