top posters

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
you have e-bike don't you Doug? Honest opinion, would you buy an e-bike or a regular bike as a fat younger guy needing to get active?
Tyler, the e-bikes are so much fun, it makes going for a bike ride enjoyable. We have e-assist bikes, meaning we have to pedal all the time unless going down hill. The big advantage on our hills in the mountains, we can use as much assist as we require with the push of a button and gear selection. Our neighbours have the e-bikes that you can push the throttle like on a sled. They don’t have to pedal. You can pedal and still have assist but I like the fact that I am always pedalling and I think I am working most of the time. When we ride together, I sometimes wished I had the thumb throttle but I am getting into better shape just pedalling.
Saying the above, our bikes are full suspension mountain bikes with 29” tires (not the big fat tires that many of the cheaper imports seem to have). Good for the gravel roads, FSR’s, single track trails, and work well on the pavement getting out to the gravel roads. I am not quite into it like Don but for my age I do okay at 25+ kms every second day.
There is great information on the e-bike thread, particularly the first few pages.

Top Bottom