Super Moderator
Reaction score
We will be carrying on with Fort Macleod's 150 B-day celebration weekend
Going for free breaky soon, and then afternoon snacks downtown
4 band concert starting at 4, and then possibly to the Legion again

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
good morning guys. Going to be a busy day today. I have to spray my Oak tree with insecticidal soap. Aphid infestation.
I fought that battle and had difficulty. We had black aphid infestation and due to the weather, it was brutal. Our maple tree(s), Blazing maple and King maple were hit hard. Greenhouse recommended EndAll and that would have been quite expensive to continue the use of it. One liter didn’t last very long so I went back to my old favourite, malathion.
I also had trouble with them in the cherry trees. With those I just broke off the curled leaves and threw them in the garbage.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fought that battle and had difficulty. We had black aphid infestation and due to the weather, it was brutal. Our maple tree(s), Blazing maple and King maple were hit hard. Greenhouse recommended EndAll and that would have been quite expensive to continue the use of it. One liter didn’t last very long so I went back to my old favourite, malathion.
I also had trouble with them in the cherry trees. With those I just broke off the curled leaves and threw them in the garbage.
I sprayed it the other day with insecticidal soap and it didn't amount to anything. Changed it up this morning. Sprayed it with Pounce. Hope that it thins them out. Had to climb up on the garage and the house to be able to reach the top. Sprayed the house and fence while I was at it . Pounce works wonders on controlling spiders.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have bugs hurting trees as well. Had a horticulturist come and look at them. Thinking I may just call a spray plane to come in and spray the yard 2 directions with Decis or Malathion. Skeeters need thinning out as well. Probably lose some beneficial bugs as well but it’s war and friendly fire happens.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have bugs hurting trees as well. Had a horticulturist come and look at them. Thinking I may just call a spray plane to come in and spray the yard 2 directions with Decis or Malathion. Skeeters need thinning out as well. Probably lose some beneficial bugs as well but it’s war and friendly fire happens.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_1569.jpeg
IMG_1568.jpeg

Go to the fishing derby they said
It will be fun they said

Top Bottom