They are on the line for the last time

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad to see the day is finally here. Competition is good for the industry. IMG_7252.jpeg

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad. They have the ability to build a lightweight high HP turbo 4 stroke, the market just isn't there to justify moving some of the racing bike technology to the sledding side of things.
They have the technology to build a killer 2 stroke turbo or non turbo 2 stroke,there old 700 triples were a great engine and the old 485 fancooled were no slouch ethier back in the day.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely too bad they didn’t take more risks back in the day. I definitely became a big fan during the 4 stroke turbo years. Something about the sound and torque…Sidewinder is my all time favourite sled.

Unfortunately this will keep happening with the sledding industry. Sales are just to low to support any huge changes in the future…maybe a reinvent the wheel type scenario will and get the costs lower may stimulate it….but less snow, snowmobiling clubs shutting down due to lack of volunteers, environmental…and shear cost of it all…is all against the sport.

My kids grew up riding but I highly doubt they will continue once I stop paying for it.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely too bad they didn’t take more risks back in the day. I definitely became a big fan during the 4 stroke turbo years. Something about the sound and torque…Sidewinder is my all time favourite sled.

Unfortunately this will keep happening with the sledding industry. Sales are just to low to support any huge changes in the future…maybe a reinvent the wheel type scenario will and get the costs lower may stimulate it….but less snow, snowmobiling clubs shutting down due to lack of volunteers, environmental…and shear cost of it all…is all against the sport.

My kids grew up riding but I highly doubt they will continue once I stop paying for it.

Ya for sure, sledding is in a very sad state. I’ve contemplated selling my sleds almost monthly all this summer. I wanna ride, it’s my favourite thing to do…..a very close second however is golf and with what I spend all winter sledding just to put a 1000km of mountain riding on the sled I could do 2 extra winter golf trips on top of the one we do every march April ish . One of the turbos is for sale already but I’m really on the fence on selling the turbo r as well…….. never thought I’d give it up but it seems to be the way she goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya for sure, sledding is in a very sad state. I’ve contemplated selling my sleds almost monthly all this summer. I wanna ride, it’s my favourite thing to do…..a very close second however is golf and with what I spend all winter sledding just to put a 1000km of mountain riding on the sled I could do 2 extra winter golf trips on top of the one we do every march April ish . One of the turbos is for sale already but I’m really on the fence on selling the turbo r as well…….. never thought I’d give it up but it seems to be the way she goes

Sledding vs golf ... No comparison...one hour sledding is better than two weeks of golf

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Golf is my summer sport these days, but the best round or golf trip doesn't even come close to a mediocre sledding trip.

You should go play somewhere other than here in canadanastan ….. the feeling you get when you tee off of a world class golf course rich with history, or the sense of accomplishment of scoring well on courses that are in the top 10 in North America for difficulty . Or winning a team tournament and walking away with 15-20k in prize money (3/4 years for us). I play fairly competitive team golf all summer and as my riding group has become smaller and smaller, the days behind bars are less and less and I really am starting to wonder why I have a ch!t ton of money tied up. I have a good group of guys I golf with and compete with and a wife that golfs 70 rounds a year, it’s something that’s reliable and I really enjoy……. I live 4-500km away from good riding and had three good days last year and two good days the year before and not one good snow day the year before that .The rest of the time was just ho hum scenery watching which has been beat to death. Brands are dropping out of the sport one by one, areas are getting closed and pinched off, prices are f*cking retarded, and the roads are full of camel jockeys that have no training and are crashing and injuring/killing people at record numbers…… I’ve sledded for nearly 30 years of my life and it’s my passion for sure but my old injuries from sponsored snowboarding and skateboarding days and sledding that long are really starting to rear their head. 4 surgeries in the last 15 years, another one coming for my knee soon and a back that’s gonna need a fusion down the road…… the next year or two may be my last on a sled unless things come back to reality. It’s very unfortunate and 10 years ago I never thought I’d say any of that lol. Sometimes you just got to read the writing on the wall and go with it

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledding vs golf ... No comparison...one hour sledding is better than two weeks of golf

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

You must sled on another planet where everyday is a blower pow day and bluebird.
5e6571dd3876cbe04bc6f767263c3d42.jpg

1bed80ec8485c124e71304532244cdac.jpg

8f5ea741dff77d027c191f3b29e9a036.jpg

Days like this are way more frequent lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get bored after 9 holes. Each to their own though. Mountain Sledding is a young mans game though.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get bored after 9 holes. Each to their own though. Mountain Sledding is a young mans game though.

If I wasn’t good at golf I’d get bored as well….. hitting the ball in the water and trees all day would get very old for me

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I wasn’t good at golf I’d get bored as well….. hitting the ball in the water and trees all day would get very old for me

Im definitely not good at it. And don't care to practice at it either, I find it really boring.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should go play somewhere other than here in canadanastan ….. the feeling you get when you tee off of a world class golf course rich with history, or the sense of accomplishment of scoring well on courses that are in the top 10 in North America for difficulty . Or winning a team tournament and walking away with 15-20k in prize money (3/4 years for us). I play fairly competitive team golf all summer and as my riding group has become smaller and smaller, the days behind bars are less and less and I really am starting to wonder why I have a ch!t ton of money tied up. I have a good group of guys I golf with and compete with and a wife that golfs 70 rounds a year, it’s something that’s reliable and I really enjoy……. I live 4-500km away from good riding and had three good days last year and two good days the year before and not one good snow day the year before that .The rest of the time was just ho hum scenery watching which has been beat to death. Brands are dropping out of the sport one by one, areas are getting closed and pinched off, prices are f*cking retarded, and the roads are full of camel jockeys that have no training and are crashing and injuring/killing people at record numbers…… I’ve sledded for nearly 30 years of my life and it’s my passion for sure but my old injuries from sponsored snowboarding and skateboarding days and sledding that long are really starting to rear their head. 4 surgeries in the last 15 years, another one coming for my knee soon and a back that’s gonna need a fusion down the road…… the next year or two may be my last on a sled unless things come back to reality. It’s very unfortunate and 10 years ago I never thought I’d say any of that lol. Sometimes you just got to read the writing on the wall and go with it

This is only my 3rd season golfing, so dont have many people to golf with on the regular or do a trip with. I have been to a few places outside Canada down in Cancun the states. Best round was over just outside of Toronto at the end of last season, Copper Creek, really nice course.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am the same boat loved sledding but to far away I enjoy golf more now, but I do like to go out fishing with the sleds, I have them setup for that and then I sleep in the enclosed trailer it’s a great weekend

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am the same boat loved sledding but to far away I enjoy golf more now, but I do like to go out fishing with the sleds, I have them setup for that and then I sleep in the enclosed trailer it’s a great weekend

I am thinking about just having a crossover type sled to bomb around here when we get snow, ride some rallies and have it set up to haul my coffin style ice fishing sleigh out onto the ice. I do enjoy ice fishing a few times a winter for sure

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is only my 3rd season golfing, so dont have many people to golf with on the regular or do a trip with. I have been to a few places outside Canada down in Cancun the states. Best round was over just outside of Toronto at the end of last season, Copper Creek, really nice course.

Oh nice, you’re just in the infancy stages of golf, that’s where my wife’s at, her 4th year actually playing regular golf and she’s hooked lol.

Top Bottom