Telescoping Post

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what did youo pay if you don't mind me asking? I bought one from a guy who brought it to the show for $160.00 almost new....

DRS

Reaction score
After all that, do you believe there is enough cable to add a 2" riser? I feel I need a little bit more.

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked one up at Don's Speed Parts booth new in the box for $200

GPsnownut

Reaction score
After all that, do you believe there is enough cable to add a 2" riser? I feel I need a little bit more.

You will have just enough cable to add 2" riser, I put a 2" riser on a 09 M1000 no problems, any more we would have to extend cables.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
picked up the telly post on Sat. from the show and got it slammed in today,looks good,feels good...only took over an hour install.

I got mine installed on my 2008 M1000 for $300 and change i'm 6'4" and this suites me fine. Just hope it can withstand the abuse I'm gonna give it :eek:

Attachments

• Telescoping bars on 2008 M1000.jpg
    Telescoping bars on 2008 M1000.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 189

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ZERO,but if you want i can give you hand no problem,or give me a call and i can tell what i did...let me know
did you pick one up?

Ya i grabbed one from Dons at the show. The only issue i can see so far is how to get the lower nut off, but im sure when i turn the sled on its side it will make sense I HOPE. Maybe booster took pics of his, who knows but by the looks outside i have some time

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what did youo pay if you don't mind me asking? I bought one from a guy who brought it to the show for $160.00 almost new....
new in the box was $200

Ya i grabbed one from Dons at the show. The only issue i can see so far is how to get the lower nut off, but im sure when i turn the sled on its side it will make sense I HOPE. Maybe booster took pics of his, who knows but by the looks outside i have some time

ya turn the sled on the side,and look upfront you'll see the nut that has to come off....I duuno if you took the side bolts out to move that aluminum tubing forward to get the post out but DON'T take the top one,that is where the ground is and what a bugger to put back on.....Take the lower one below the anti freeze tank and another on the other side......and only loosen the the top one

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now this little tib bit comes to light :eek:

I go over at lunch thinking ok i will just make a little start and finish it in a few days " lunch" so today i have pretty much taken off anything that could get in the way. Flip sled yea easy enough but can wait till later.. Take pipe out ; that thing is heavy might need to find something lighter ; next the little plate 3 screws later no plate... check watch... yep time to head back
But i got a wrench in hand two bolts later.. guess which two..good job that nothing moves with just those two... thinkin i will put those two back on just a little bit..:beer:

Thanx for the help here, any ideas on a lighter pipe?

new in the box was $200

ya turn the sled on the side,and look upfront you'll see the nut that has to come off....I duuno if you took the side bolts out to move that aluminum tubing forward to get the post out but DON'T take the top one,that is where the ground is and what a bugger to put back on.....Take the lower one below the anti freeze tank and another on the other side......and only loosen the the top one

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now this little tib bit comes to light :eek:

I go over at lunch thinking ok i will just make a little start and finish it in a few days " lunch" so today i have pretty much taken off anything that could get in the way. Flip sled yea easy enough but can wait till later.. Take pipe out ; that thing is heavy might need to find something lighter ; next the little plate 3 screws later no plate... check watch... yep time to head back
But i got a wrench in hand two bolts later.. guess which two..good job that nothing moves with just those two... thinkin i will put those two back on just a little bit..:beer:

Thanx for the help here, any ideas on a lighter pipe?

MBRP can I just yanked out my stock M1000 can and OMG couldnt believe how heavy Cat makes these stockers..... Stuck on the MBRP can in 5 mins flat and impressed with the sound and weight difference for sure.

GPsnownut

Reaction score
MBRP can I just yanked out my stock M1000 can and OMG couldnt believe how heavy Cat makes these stockers..... Stuck on the MBRP can in 5 mins flat and impressed with the sound and weight difference for sure.
I run the Jaws can on my 08 M1000, louder than the MBRP and I think it works a little better, but that's a matter of preference. You drop aprox. 14 lbs by getting rid of the stocker.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Got a can it is the pipe that is now the heavy peice in there. Have D&D cause it was already there. ;)

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of guys buy the SLP pipe kits for the M & Cross series. They sound really great, look nice, drop weight and come with the pipe, ypipe and can in the box. Chances are if you like the D&D can it will work with the SLP pipe - we always use the MBRP can with the SLP pipe.

Here's the info on the 8 Arctic Cat - 2007-09 M8/Crossfire 800/Crossfire R Single Pipe Kit - Starting Line Products

and the 1000 Arctic Cat - 2007-10 M1000/Crossfire 1000/Crossfire R Single Pipe Set - Starting Line Products

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not made my mind up on the set up yet, i bought the sled with the can and y-pipe on it... demo with all of 4kms on it. So going to play the wait and see game

Lots of guys buy the SLP pipe kits for the M & Cross series. They sound really great, look nice, drop weight and come with the pipe, ypipe and can in the box. Chances are if you like the D&D can it will work with the SLP pipe - we always use the MBRP can with the SLP pipe.

Here's the info on the 8 Arctic Cat - 2007-09 M8/Crossfire 800/Crossfire R Single Pipe Kit - Starting Line Products

and the 1000 Arctic Cat - 2007-10 M1000/Crossfire 1000/Crossfire R Single Pipe Set - Starting Line Products

Top Bottom