Summer Mod Projects

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i duno.....80$? there are lots of zx machines that convert to the rev seat. i personally dont like the look but to each there own. if i was you i would save up for a boss seat for the zx. best mod i did to my old sled. its an inch higher and way narrower.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i duno.....80$? there are lots of zx machines that convert to the rev seat. i personally dont like the look but to each there own. if i was you i would save up for a boss seat for the zx. best mod i did to my old sled. its an inch higher and way narrower.

maybey ill do that. Im low on cash though :( and my ktm needs some reapirs.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

how much to the boss seats go for?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
boss seats came down in price. they used to be 650+ new i just picked one up for 450 new. and there are a few used ones out there..

heres the old style boss on my old zx

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Engine is out, cylinder off, everything measured up, ready to order pistons and head... Hopefully all goes well the other way!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am putting a RK head and piston kit and boyesen rage cage reeds into my 09 800 xp. What jetting do you guys recomend as a starting point? Any ifo would be great. Thanx

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain magic is ordering the kit in for me. I havent got yet i am just gettig a little excited! The Boss seat i ordered should add a few HP's right? lol

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I win! LOL Track done....just gotta figure out a light.

Dave i see you haven't cut your mud flap. Don't as i did the 174 last year and cut the mud flap and should not have. Have to but new flap this year as i think it will help with the cooling.
Even with scratchers and the big bore found that it can run warm on the trails compared to the 2.5 x163.
Have the engine tech thermostat housing.
Good looking sled!

Cheers :)

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya...I don't plan on cutting the flap....it's way up in the air anyways with the length of the tunnel. (I have the ET t-stat as well)

Top Bottom