stiffer speeding and dui laws in BC

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres a good one pull all the people off the road who go well UNDER the posted speed limit cause they are a danger by making people have to pass them. you should get a ticket if you are anything under 15 km's of the posted speed limit it causes just as many accidents as speeding cause people are forced to go around these road hazards. so if i got to pass some slow @$$ and accidently go over 40 km/h of the speed limit I'm gonna get my vehicle impounded??? RETARDED

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
semi's should be allowed to speed there is nothing worse than having to be lined up behind a bunch of cattle haulers going well under the speed limit. if you dont like it then pull over and let them pass you its that simple!!!!!!!

i think truckers should be hit with 10 km over the limit, hate watching there headlights in the rear view mirrors when i'm already 10/15km over.:confused:

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres a good one pull all the people off the road who go well UNDER the posted speed limit cause they are a danger by making people have to pass them. you should get a ticket if you are anything under 15 km's of the posted speed limit it causes just as many accidents as speeding cause people are forced to go around these road hazards. so if i got to pass some slow @$$ and accidently go over 40 km/h of the speed limit I'm gonna get my vehicle impounded??? RETARDED

This one drives me nuts too. With the new cell phone rules in BC, I see people quickly leaving the highway to answer a call. They never get all the way over, and the speed at which they decelerate is a hazard. All in all, it's likely safer to just answer the fawkin phone and be done with it, at least around here. Perhaps in the okanogan or the lower mainland the law makes sense, but it doesn't do anything around these parts.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This one drives me nuts too. With the new cell phone rules in BC, I see people quickly leaving the highway to answer a call. They never get all the way over, and the speed at which they decelerate is a hazard. All in all, it's likely safer to just answer the fawkin phone and be done with it, at least around here. Perhaps in the okanogan or the lower mainland the law makes sense, but it doesn't do anything around these parts.

couldnt agree with you more

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your Numbers for speeding are way out to lunch....40km/h over posted speed limit is now $368 with a 7 day impound of the Vehicle 2nd offence 30 day impound and 60 days for anything after that the the price of the ticket stays @ $368 no matter how many offences you have. 60km/h or greater is a $483 fine with the same impound time as the 40km.

Just Google BC new speed laws and this is what you will find...The demerits for excessive speeding is 3 points.

These were the numbers and such that were on the story that global bc reported. I read several articles online about the new speeding laws, ontario has had harsh laws like this since 2007 and it has reduced speeding by quite abit. Ontario actually is the leader in canada for lowering the number of speeders in there province. I dont feel that anyone has the right to be going 40km/h over the speed limit and endangering me and my family when we are travelling on the road.

Top Bottom