Sled/trailer issue

outlander86

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Looks like I just bought a 2011 Switchback Assault. One issue...

I have two trailers.. A 6 place quad trailer... And a utility trailer that measures 52 inches wide by 104 inches... Now the sled is 126 inches long...

If there are several of us going, I'll hook up the 6 placer.. but If not, I'll use the single placer. Do you think its okay to have 22 inches of sled hanging out the back of the trailer?

I've got lots of experience towing all sorts of stuff.. but I really am stumped when it comes to this... I know the trailer will be fine... But is it okay for the sled... for the bottom of the track/suspension to be half resting on the trailer, bearing all of the weight?

Thanks for your time.

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
how much of the sled is on the trailer?, i think as long as there's more on the trailer then off you should be fine. Im guessing that we have about 15" off of our sled deck and i see no problems.

hope this helps

outlander86

Reaction score
how much of the sled is on the trailer?, i think as long as there's more on the trailer then off you should be fine. Im guessing that we have about 15" off of our sled deck and i see no problems.

hope this helps

The rear grab bar of the sled would be about 20 inches off of the trailer... however looking at a picture of the sled the track is about 5 inches shorter than the sled.. so yeah.. about 15 inches...

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It cant be any worse then the guys you see with a 163 in a shortbox on the tailgate! It'll be just fine. just strap it down good:)

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My deck is on a long box and is 102inchs. My sled is a little shy of 11ft. Your good.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It cant be any worse then the guys you see with a 163 in a shortbox on the tailgate! It'll be just fine. just strap it down good:)

X2!
I have a buddy that hauls his Nytro in his short box truck that has a sliptank in the back. Hasn't lost it yet somehow........so I'm sure you will be fine.

tonykunz

Reaction score
I have a tilt deck that's 9 feet long, mind you I have a 136" and a 144" sleds. But my problem is that if I don't have my skis hanging a few inches off the front of the trailer, the trailer is ass end heavy and likes to wobble on the highway. But sliding it forward just a few inches makes all the difference and puts the weight onto the hitch.

Top Bottom