Silent Pass Ridin'(and We Stayed In Golde!!)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Eagles Pass Ridin' (and We Stayed In Golden!!)

OUR GROUP(SLEDBUNNYRACING) RODE SILENT PASS ON SATURDAY. JUST GOT BACK. SHOULD BE POSTING SOME PICS SOON. SNOW WAS QUITE GOOD, BUT WITH WARMER WEATHER IS SETTING UP. WE WERE ABLE TO GET INTO LOTS OF TROUBLE, AND MY SNOWBUNJE WAS OUT SEVERAL TIMES. HAD A 700 144" SUMMIT AND 700SRX MOUNTAIN 136" UP WITH US, AND THEY WERE STRUGGLING TO GET AROUND IN MOST AREAS. ABOUT 1 - 3FT OF POWDER EVERYWHERE ON TOP OF PACKED BASE. SOME AREAS WAS MUCH DEEPER. THEY ARE GROOMING RIGHT UP TO THE GAS DROP, NOW, BECAUSE THEY HAVE SO MUCH SNOW(WAY NICE). RODE UP THROUGH THE CLOUDS AND POPPED OUT THE TOP, WAS PRETTY COOL TO BE LOOKING DOWN AT THE CLOUDS, BUT DID CONTINUE WITH CLOUDY PERIODS THROUGHOUT THE DAY. WAS A MOST AWESOME DAY OF RIDING.:perfect10: :perfect10:
KIND OF A LONG DRIVE, WHEN THE ORIGINAL PLAN WAS TO SLED IN GOLDEN AND WE STAYED AT GLENOBLE LODGE. RECOMEND THAT PLACE TO ANYONE. GONNA TAKE THE MISSUS THERE SOMETIME SOON, AS IT IS CONSIDERED LODGE/SPA/RESORT. I'LL TRY AND POST THE WEBSITE NAME LATER.

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
Trip

Hey Ric, Did you get a chance to do a little bit of tree huggin' like I did my last trip with Ron?haha:knockout: Sounds like you had a good trip.
Steve

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glenogle Mountain Lodge,I agree great place to stay and the food is second to none!
catmando!:D

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Glenogle-Golden BC

The Glenogle is an "awesome" place to stay.

Check it out

We stayed 2 nights and were treated like kings. Second time there and not the last.

And Catmando...we were told to say hi to you and your crew.

:D :D :D

• Staff

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
hey KittyKatManDoo

Glenogle Mountain Lodge,I agree great place to stay and the food is second to none!
catmando!:D

YUP, DENISE AND NORBERT SAID TO SAY HI, THAT'S WHEN I GOT THE "BIG" HUG FROM DENISE;) ..... I THINK MY BACKS STILL SORE. WOW, WHAT A BREAKFAST:eek: . I THINK IT'S STILL ONE OF THE BEST AROUND ANYWHERE. HEY KITTYKATKAN'T: I DID HAVE TO USE THE SNOBUNJE SEVERAL TIMES, BUT NOT ON ME.... I WAS STUCK TO VERTICAL TO TRY THAT, BUT THAT'S WHEN THE OTHER 3 CATS ALL GOT STUCK AT THE SAME TIME AS ME. WAS PRETTY FUNNY, AT THE TIME.:D

• Staff

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Cat900

TRIP WAS GOOD... A LOT OF DRIVING, AND I'M PRETTY BAGGED TODAY:( . GOTTA PICK UP THE SLEDS FROM SCOTT'S TOMORROW NITE, BUT ALL WENT WELL. STAYED AT GLENOGLE LODGE FRI & SAT AND SLEDDED EAGLE'S PASS SAT. AND SILENT PASS ON SUNDAY. NO BAD CARNAGE:p , WORST WAS RAY RAN OVER THE TAIL OF SCOTT'S '07 REV XRS AND BROKE THE TAILLITE OFF(SCOTT WAS BREAKING TRAIL AND WAS STUCK ON A SKINNY RIDGE OF ZIGZAG IN EAGLES PASS, AND RAY TRIED TO GO UP OVER TO CONTINUE BREAKING TRAIL, BUT HIS BACK END SLIPPED DOWN AND CAUGHT SCOTT'S SLED) . SLEDBUNNY WAS DITCH BANGING ON THE WAY DOWN FROM SILENT PASS AND NOSED IT INTO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD(HE DID A SUMMY ..... I NEVER SAW IT, BUT YOU SHOULDA HEARD JERRY LAUGHING) AND BENT HIS HANDLEBARS WAY FORWARD AND PUNCHED IN THE BELLYPAN AGAIN.
RODE WITH DWAYNE WHO DRIVES A 900 MOUNTAIN CAT WITH 16" TRACK AND MODDED UP WITH "JUICE" ETC. -- HE'S A PRETTY GOOD RIDER TOO. ANOTHER GUY, RUSS, HAD A M7 ALL "JUICED" UP WITH A BIGBORE KIT TOO. AND ANOTHER GUY, DARREN, WITH A M1000 - BUT SEEMED TO BE HAVING A FEW PROBLEMS WITH IT.
I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER SEEN SO MANY "ORANGE" SLEDS IN MY LIFE ---
RAN INTO SEVERAL "KITTY LITTERS" OUT THERE. TELL YOU MORE NEXT TIME I SEE YOU.:)

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
YUP, DENISE AND NORBERT SAID TO SAY HI, THAT'S WHEN I GOT THE "BIG" HUG FROM DENISE;) ..... I THINK MY BACKS STILL SORE. WOW, WHAT A BREAKFAST:eek: . I THINK IT'S STILL ONE OF THE BEST AROUND ANYWHERE. HEY KITTYKATKAN'T: I DID HAVE TO USE THE SNOBUNJE SEVERAL TIMES, BUT NOT ON ME.... I WAS STUCK TO VERTICAL TO TRY THAT, BUT THAT'S WHEN THE OTHER 3 CATS ALL GOT STUCK AT THE SAME TIME AS ME. WAS PRETTY FUNNY, AT THE TIME.:D

Boy that sounds like a tall tail to me,you catch any fish? LOL!
catmando!:rolling:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Not a tall tail...

Yep summitric is right, lots of stuck cats....but did summitric mention he was really stuck too....
A ton of fun had by all, If your not stuck...your not trying hard enough!

I will say, I've never seen so many cats in my life, we pulled into Eagles Pass to unload in the morning and it had to have been 50% cats there.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
It's "sledbunnyracing" to you Pal...
I had meetings last night and tonight summitric and I have to pick up sleds in Ft Sask. We didn't think the neighbors would like us unloading 3 "piped" sleds at midnight. We had 3 cameras on the go so there should be some good shots. I hope to get started uploading tonight.

Sorry for the delay and quite being so grumpy!!!

Cheers

:D :D

Big Grump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. Sir, sledbunnyracing

Here about the trip from Summitric yesterday at the shop. Sounded like it was a blast.

Maybe one of these days I'll get my big unit to the hills.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
summitric and I are planning another trip. We plan to limit the amount of people. We rode on the weekend with 15 guys. To many people to keep track of. Don't know an exact plan but will let you know if ther is space.

Bucky

Reaction score
Hey guys, would like your expert opinion on where to ride next weekend. Due to sons hockey only get one trip this year to the mountains. We are thinking of either Vailmount or Golden for next weekend. Went to Golden last year and loved it, but because of only the one trip we are looking for the best conditions. Thanks in advance for your expertise:cool: :thumbsup2:

Bucky

Reaction score
I would say a little of both. We mostly like to play in and around the bowls, not much into extreme hill climbing

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
which one??

Hey guys, would like your expert opinion on where to ride next weekend. Due to sons hockey only get one trip this year to the mountains. We are thinking of either Vailmount or Golden for next weekend. Went to Golden last year and loved it, but because of only the one trip we are looking for the best conditions. Thanks in advance for your expertise:cool: :thumbsup2:

Hey Bucky: from what I've been reading about McBride, there's not much snow there:( , so it should be a "no brainer":p . McBride was getting pounded out and windblown in late December when we were there. Golden snow conditions were okay, but if you drive the extra 2hours, Revy or Sicamous is the place.... much more snow:D . Both have a wide array of riding experience conditions. Get a good map of the areas(you can go online), or try and ride with a local, or someone that's been there before. Last weekend had about 1 ft of snow in Silent pass in Golden and 2 + feet in Eagle's Pass in Sicamous. Hope that helped?? :confused:

Top Bottom