Silent pass hit again

Bucky

Reaction score
Man, I would not want to be one of those idiots when they get caught in the act, and the good lord willing, they will!!!:paddle:

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Gorman on Sat and the Lady at the trail pass booth told us about Silent. The Golden Snowmobile Club is going to start keeping people at the booths all day now instead of leaving around noon. I think they should move the ticket booths to the staging areas and maybe have two people on site. One selling passes, the other patrolling the parking area. They better do something before people quit supporting these areas.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Gorman on Sat and the Lady at the trail pass booth told us about Silent. The Golden Snowmobile Club is going to start keeping people at the booths all day now instead of leaving around noon. I think they should move the ticket booths to the staging areas and maybe have two people on site. One selling passes, the other patrolling the parking area. They better do something before people quit supporting these areas.

i think they should hide out and catch the pr*cks!!
probably from quebec lol

Last edited by a moderator:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I tried ot find a specific person to contct off of the site but it all seems to be one e-mail address.
Contact Ruth Kowalski, Executive Director - Golden Chamber of Commerce
: info@goldenchamber.bc.ca
I've sent them a message this morning and would encourage you to as well.

Last edited:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I had two replys...not bad...here they are:

Hello, Curtis
Thank you for your email and we are as frustrated about the situation as you are and we have put together some ideas to resolve the issue. We had a trail society meeting last night and we have extended the gate attendent hours at Quartz Creek, Gorman and Silent Pass. We will be informing all the riders about the extended times especially over the weekends and holidays. Quartz Creek can be easily monitored by our collection person, Gorman Lake we will be making regular trips to the parking lot, as far as Silent Pass goes we are really financially and staff wise uncapable of monitoring the parking area, but we are working with the RCMP and hopefully we can find some person to monitor and collect at the parking lot of Silent Pass. Need a shed and we have issues with Forestry etc.

We are very sorry to hear this but please give our community a chance as we are all doing our best to resolve this ASAP. Please feel free to call if you have any further questions.
Thank you
Mike
PS: please forward any further questions or concerns to the Golden Trail Society website
Golden Snowmobile Trail Society | Golden, BC | Snowmobiling | Snowmobile Trails

Hello Curtis,

Thank you for your email and understandable apprehension about the safety of your equipment at our snowmobile area trailheads after these incidents. I have forwarded your email to the RCMP and to the Golden Snowmobile Grooming Society for them to respond to your concerns. I understand some security guidelines have been put into place to by the Golden Snowmobile Grooming Society, I hope these security guidelines will be enough for you to reconsider the change of snowmobile locations.

Sincerely,

Ruth Kowalski Manager
Kicking Horse Country Chamber of Commerce
500 – 10th Ave North Box 1320
Golden BC
Toll Free 1-800-622-4653
Telephone 250-344-7125
Fax 250-344-6688
Kicking Horse Country Chamber of Commerce | Golden BC | Kicking Horse Country | Tourism

geelak900

Reaction score
I was at Silent on Friday. There were only 4 trucks there and three were broke in to. One was looted completely and the guys had left their wallets and the truck keys hidden in the truck and only rode with their fob. The thief found all the stuff and took the keys as well so these three riders were stuck 23 kms up a logging road. Fortunately we were still there when they got to the truck and found all this out so we gave them a ride down to Parson's store where they called a tow truck and the cops. One in our group got the window smashed out but they didn't take anything. Sucks tho, we won't be going back there until they get something done.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Nicely Done Curtis, way to get the ball in motion. Glad to see they actually took the time to respond to you're e-mail. Not that the responses will change anything but it does show that they are actually concerned with the issue.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I would encourage everyone to send an e-mail to the same people I did yesterday. The more that send the higher the chances that change will happen fast.
Please send an e-mail.
Thx
I was at Silent on Friday. There were only 4 trucks there and three were broke in to. One was looted completely and the guys had left their wallets and the truck keys hidden in the truck and only rode with their fob. The thief found all the stuff and took the keys as well so these three riders were stuck 23 kms up a logging road. Fortunately we were still there when they got to the truck and found all this out so we gave them a ride down to Parson's store where they called a tow truck and the cops. One in our group got the window smashed out but they didn't take anything. Sucks tho, we won't be going back there until they get something done.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Thanks Guys, wee need to send even more e-mails...this is a no brainer. If you don't send an e-mail and you rig (ro a buddy) gets hit, ruins your sledding and costs you a bunch of money you'll be p*ssed.
Aslo consider that our group is riding there in Jan.
Please post if you have send an e-mail to Golden.

Much appreciated.

Cheerz.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Have Said It Before I Would Pay An Extra 5 Bucks On Top Of My Trail Pass Just To Know That My Rig Is Safe. Just My 2 Cents

Top Bottom