greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First dusting of the year!

IMG_1969 Large.jpeg

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think this road detour down Mara this winter will impact getting over to Hunters staging. Sicamous it will be this winter.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think this road detour down Mara this winter will impact getting over to Hunters staging. Sicamous it will be this winter.
I live on the Enderby side and end up going to Sicamous side most days. I really cannot believe this is considered a viable solution. It's going to be a shitshow for sure. Between the sharp left at the bottom of Bairds hill, the Grindrod 90 and a couple spots on mara, I'm betting there will be many accidents. AIM better step up their game.

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's this detour about ? Is this the Bruhn Bridge widening, or is there work planned on 97A to Enderby as well ?

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this detour going to be for closing the bridge at Sicamous?
All the TCH traffic through Enderby will be an absolute gong show.

What's this detour about ? Is this the Bruhn Bridge widening, or is there work planned on 97A to Enderby as well ?

Yes. Sicamous bridge replacement. I haven't seen an 'official' closure schedule, but the rumours are daily closures periodically throughout the project for the next 3 years. Traffic will be rerouted on 97A along Mara and 97B to Salmon arm both directions. In preparation, they just installed a traffic light at the bottom of Bairds hill (3 way intersection of 97 A & 97 B), and are just starting some repaving along 97A. All the info is in the link above.
While the traffic won't be going through Enderby, I think gong show may turn out to be an understatement. All traffic coming down the relatively steep hill from SA will have to come to a stop and make the 135º turn onto 97A. Several times each winter, people ignore the 50km/h zone in Grindrod and blow the 90º. Usually it's semis. I drive 97A along the lake all the time. It a windy hwy with lots of driveways and small side roads. Speed limit is 80 with a mix of people going 60 and others doing 100 and cutting corners. There is essentially no passing. It's poorly maintained in the winter.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boy am I glad I don't live in damoose and work in s.a anymore

Bad enough the status quo , but that's fawked

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this detour going to be for closing the bridge at Sicamous?
All the TCH traffic through Enderby will be an absolute gong show.
Yes it is All hi way 1 traffic will be routed on 97A and B when closures happen for bridge work, blasting etc. Not everyday but on the days it happens will be a real pain in the ass.

Top Bottom