Rookie Homebuilder

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of you guys from beaumont and surrounding area have had any dealings or experience with Demarie Homes? If you have or know anyone who has please pm me...thanx :rant:

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else go through the gong show with a builder that refuses to finish your house. This guy is such a clown I don't even know what to say. There are many items in my house, some seasonal some not including, driveway, sidewalks, window wells, eavestrough etc that have yet to be completed. I got a quote from his subcontractor for my driveway (approx 1200sq ft) for around $10sqft = $12000, this is obviously what I wanted to include in my holdback (which he seemed receptive too when I hired him). He is so stupid he doesn't even understand the concept of a holdback. He says to his lawer that he can do it for $1500, this isn't what it would cost me should he choose not to return.
I just can't believe what this guy thinks he can get away with...anyhow, I told the guy to to shove the place.

Last edited by a moderator:

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you only keep back $1500 he`ll walk away from the problems and leave it up to you to fix. I work on new houses( siding) and know of a builder that pisses off just about everyone. Subcontractors won`t work for him because he always rips them off. So houses take along time to get completed. He always takes the money he makes on the sale of houses and puts it back into another house, this way he has the law on his side and he can`t be sued for the money he owes everyone. If he puts it in his account or pocket he can get nailed. Good luck with your builder because the market is on his side unforunately.

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the bad part is that there is nothing you can do, they get to do what they want & when they want to do it

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have only lived in the province for two years, and looked at building, but after speaking with a few builders who assumed that they would be able to convince me to sign contracts without reading them, and in this province we are talking about a lot of money.so,I bought a completely finished home. may not be the exact layout I wanted, but it is finished.
Wish I would have built but I was unable to find a builder I could trust!!!

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no doubt brother, you got that right! She's alot of $$$ to entrust in someone and when you get screwed...well someones gonna pay :treaten: :crutch:

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never heard of that builder.

My cousin got screwed that way. Unfortunately he had a lot more to finish than you and ended up getting another builder after losing about $60,000.
Found out later that this builder was in it just to screw people. Apparently coming away with approx $1,200,000 over 2-3 years.

Concrete work should not be done until spring after the frost is out. $10/sqft is right on the money. The homebuilder won't be able to get the concrete for $1500. Definately hold back what ever you can. If you are able to walk away, walk away.The market took a dive in October making it pretty good for buyers as a lot of the regular builders have quite a bit of inventory that they want to get rid of ( at lower prices than the summer months) before they go hard again. If you can't walk away, find another contractor and hopefully get everything done and not lose too much. I hope it works out for you.

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the reply guys...thanks, Grande C is a small town and his own contractors, realtors are all ready talking about him, this idiot should really clean his ears :cool:

Top Bottom